Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear sway bar link bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I am changing out the bushings on the rear sway bar links. It seems the shock bolt with the ball on it will not slide out without removing the heat exchanger, I want to avoid doing that. What's the best way to press on the link to the shock mount.
raynekat
Click to view attachment

Something like these? BigAzz (for real) channel locks....
914Sixer
C-Clamp is smooth and easy pressure.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 12 2016, 05:09 AM) *

C-Clamp is smooth and easy pressure.

agree.gif

Been there, done that. Started with a rubber BFH (big f&*^%$#g hammer) and eventually got it on. But the next time I needed to do the job I used a big c-clamp. Much easier.
porschetub
I had difficulty,found it better if I attached the drop links first to the bar,once these were on I dropped one body mount down a little and pressed them on to the shock bolts.
All this done with a small "g" clamp for the drop links and a large one for the shock bolts.
Still wondering if I need a rear swaybar anyway idea.gif .
Racer
fwiw, I found it much easier to install without the wheel on the car (especially little 14" wheels as I couldn't get enough purchase to squeeze droplink onto the shock bolt.) C-Clamp worked great.
tomh
Got the bushings in last night, major PITA. Used BFH c -clamp and big channel lock and of course Vaseline.I looked like a monkey trying to screw a bowling ball but I got it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.