Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake pads for Alfa 3" front calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Anybody have a part number?
I want to order from one of my suppliers.
Thanks.
rhodyguy
Check with Shea.
Montreal914
If I recall, same as S aluminum calipers.
Can't find my receipt headbang.gif
Montreal914
Found it...
What I bought from PMB was Porterfield AP109 R4-S.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Dec 13 2016, 02:28 AM) *

Found it...
What I bought from PMB was Porterfield AP109 R4-S.

Me too... agree.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 12 2016, 08:53 AM) *

Thanks.

As I recall they were stock on 1975-1976 Alfa Spiders. The next year car had the same caliper in steel. I was the one that discovered they work on 911 suspension when I found to Alfa's in a pick a part yard and bought the calipers.
Eric sucessfully bought up all the cores out there and pissed off the Alfa guys. Seems that Alfa abandoned the aluminum caliper for the same alledged flexing problem the S calipers have. Never bought into how big the problem is if they stop the car fast.
Bruce
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 13 2016, 10:04 AM) *

Thanks.

As I recall they were stock on 1975-1976 Alfa Spiders. The next year car had the same caliper in steel. I was the one that discovered they work on 911 suspension when I found to Alfa's in a pick a part yard and bought the calipers.
Eric sucessfully bought up all the cores out there and pissed off the Alfa guys. Seems that Alfa abandoned the aluminum caliper for the same alledged flexing problem the S calipers have. Never bought into how big the problem is if they stop the car fast.
Bruce

I thought they were on the mid 80's Milano and GTV-6?
IIRC that's what mine are off of.

In a pinch you could use '71- '72 VW bus pads by minor grinding some mounting bolt clearance on the inboard pad.
mepstein
I got it. Thanks
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 13 2016, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 13 2016, 10:04 AM) *

Thanks.

Bruce

I thought they were on the mid 80's Milano and GTV-6?
IIRC that's what mine are off of.

In a pinch you could use '71- '72 VW bus pads by minor grinding some mounting bolt clearance on the inboard pad.

Mine are from a GTV-6
Eric_Shea
109's same as 320i stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.