Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB...for daughter's 1.8....wants more loving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw
YUP, by the time her car is done, seems every piece will have been repaired or replaced...
And in the 6 years of getting/keeping hers going...mine sits awaiting assembly dry.gif

Anyway, 'nuf whining

Am in the hunt for:
a)muffler for 1.8. I believe they are unique to the 1.8...and ASSUME that they are the same for both years?
b)shifter sleeve on the rearof the shifter rod...it MAY be 91442424102, if that helps
c)wiper switch/lever that mounts on column....

Thanks

Paul
bdstone914
74 and 75 1.8 use a different muffler due to the type of heat exchangers. The 74 is a one year only muffler with larger pipes than the 1.7. The outlet tip bolts to the end of the muffler unlike the 1.7 which has a couple of configs. I have one muffler and will check to see what it is.
And I have the cup for the end of the rear side shift rod.
Bruce
porbmw
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 15 2016, 07:01 AM) *

74 and 75 1.8 use a different muffler due to the type of heat exchangers. The 74 is a one year only muffler with larger pipes than the 1.7. The outlet tip bolts to the end of the muffler unlike the 1.7 which has a couple of configs. I have one muffler and will check to see what it is.
And I have the cup for the end of the rear side shift rod.
Bruce

Thanks, Bruce, for the info...and for looking.

And, as a cautionary tale....I bought a nice set of used stainless steel heat exchangers.

I am hearing "rumblings" that they may also be an issue with mating a muffler to a 74 1.8, so perhaps be forewarned....

Will update as the saga progresses.
malcolm2
I bought a new turn signal lever for a super beetle. I would suppose the wiper lever would be the same too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.