Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Blower Update Kit; 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Has anyone had any experience with installing a Heater Blower Update Kit; 914 1970-76 from the Auto Atlanta website? Was there a noticeable improvement in the heat and defrost output? Thank you.
bandjoey
Is that the fan attachment for two hoses?
If that's what they're doing and I'm not sure what the kit includes you could probably buy those parts off the members here for less

Post a link a description or some pictures
Mikey914
If I recall, it's a spliter and hoses.
cary
When we were in Montana and the boys drove both cars everyday I fabricated brackets and ran duel fan motors.
Tried the splitter first. A bit better, not enough.
dgraves
Thanks, everyone. It is a splitter for engine compartment fan.
bandjoey
Post in the classifieds and you'll find the splitter I'll bet. hose is available at FLAPS or perhaps 914rubber.com.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8&hl=heater

here u go. this one is sold but there are others out there. post away biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Not sure exactly where it is but I have the splitter. Never put it on. Bought it used from a member. evilgrin.gif
3d914
Just my $.02, but from my experience in sunny AZ & NM, a single rear fan motor on my 2.0L didn't work that great. I ended up doing dual fan motors (one one each side feeding into the J-pipe) and the result was decent. It would defrost the windshield quickly.

Good luck.
Tbrown4x4
I'd like to find out what the CFM output of the stock fan is. I would like to run dual fans eventually as well.
IronHillRestorations
The splitter sort of works, but the stock fan really doesn't have enough CFM for two hoses. Dual fans would be better. I don't know what the draw on one fan is, but to be safe you should switch the 2nd fan with a separate relay.
Olympic 914
Where and how did you guys mount the second fan?

Pics would be nice also.
carcus
Gets below zero quite a bit here and I have not had an issue with the stock setup. Sometimes it will burn my face off and have to pull the knob off. I just wear a jacket and jeans. I think the best thing for me was new rubber on the T tops and doors.
TheCabinetmaker
Your 914 has t tops?
914werke
if you want dual fans & want to get fancy smile.gif
scott_in_nh
The splitter does a good job of distributing the heat to both sides of the car evenly, but I will agree with those who say duel fans are better, because to cfm is so low once split.

I'd like to know what fans you are using as the single factor fan seems bulky, doesn't put out a lot of cfm, and likely has a high amp draw.

I was thinking about trying the blowers used for inboard boats....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.