Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Pan Replacement - Need How To Advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Costa05
Ok... after 4 weeks of grinding & sanding at the floor pan I think I can "get away" with just a front half replacement and salvage the rest. The pedal area being the worst with lots of cancer. Thinking I would start cutting spot welds from underneath on the section to be removed, but can't figure out how to safely raise the front enough to work on it and still remove front floor pan. I may...... have access to a hydraulic lift but was trying to avoid if possible (long haul). Need advice if you have a moment. Happy Holidays to you all. dry.gif
Cairo94507
Costa05- I see you are new here. There are tons of posts about how to correctly lift and support these cars before you do any cutting and welding. Please spend some time reading all of the informational, educational, skilled threads here before you make a huge mistake. Cheers. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
I replaced the front half of my floor with the front wheels on a pair of metal ramps. Not that I wouldn't have liked it higher but it worked fine.
Also: What Cairo said. Be SAFE! Wear your ear and eye protection. A good pair of protective gloves, too.
As to bracing the car, you only have to contact Chris at Tangerine Racing for a set of adjustable chassis braces - shamelessly featured in this very pic!
http://www.tangerineracing.com/tools.htm

Oh and post lots of pictures of your work, else well beat you about the head and neck with:
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Now get to sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif so we can all wub.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif and drooley.gif over your car!
Costa05
Appreciate the advice. Looking at bracing Tangerine Racing kit right now. Little pricey but likely well worth it. Ramps might be my only option to raise the front. Have not conquered the loading pictures thing yet. Thanks guys.
Costa05
Alright here it is a before and after photo. Not done by any means but you can get the idea. A heat gun to scrape away the sound deadening tar stuff. An air angle grinder with roloc discs and flapper sanding discs on a 4" grinder to strip to bare metal. There is actually quite a bit of shiny metal at this point. I was thinking of hitting it with a small media blaster to get the rust in the corners and tight spaces, then using a rust converter for the stubborn rust if needed and follow it up with an epoxy base coat and then a primer surfacer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cary
Can we see a shot of the passenger side ?
ken1981
I just replaced my floor pans, and I did not need the front part of the drivers floor pan, and pedal mount.. If you want it, I will sell it to you cheap.
Costa05
ken1981 I am interested. Sent PM to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.