Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shout out to Eric and PMB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mapguy
First off, I'm not associated with PMB at all aside from being a customer. Also, I never do this. I just have to share how much I appreciate the old school customer service. I know I'm likely preaching to the choir, but anyway...

I recently had PMB rebuild all 4 of my calipers and added a bunch of parts to the same order. The rebuild work was top shelf, but I was a bit surprised to have some problems with omissions and correct fitment from the rest of the order.

Eric personally took over to make sure the whole situation was taken care of and explained very clearly what had happened. He really bent over backward to make sure it was addressed and I was happy. Hard to find customer service like that in this day and age. Eric fully owned the issue and sorted it out.

Eric, hope to see you soon at an event if I can ever get my car back in one piece! The good news is it is past maximum dis-assembly and is actually coming back together. Thanks in large part to your work.

ConeDodger
Those of us who've seen Eric at an event can attest to his ability to bend over backward and own it. blink.gif happy11.gif

Seriously, this community is really blessed to have him. I'm towing my car across Nevada and Utah in a couple weeks to have him replace my rear brakes with his aluminum reproduction of the 914-6 rears and tune up the entire braking system. wub.gif
SKL1
+1000 on customer service. Quick answers with issues not even directly related to parts, etc I've ordered from him.

And once, he even brought and dropped off parts as he was driving thru Des Moines on I-80 to an event out east!

We are lucky to have him around...
Maltese Falcon
PMB...Eric and staff are totally Legit first.gif
wes
agree.gif I agree Eric his wife, and crew are upstanding supporters of our cars.
We are vary lucky to have some very good people to help us keep our cars running and looking great!
mgp4591
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 18 2016, 10:21 PM) *

Those of us who've seen Eric at an event can attest to his ability to bend over backward and own it. blink.gif happy11.gif

Seriously, this community is really blessed to have him. I'm towing my car across Nevada and Utah in a couple weeks to have him replace my rear brakes with his aluminum reproduction of the 914-6 rears and tune up the entire braking system. wub.gif

Keep our Utah community informed on your visit - I wanna meet who else is wishing everyone else happy birthdays besides me!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 19 2016, 04:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 18 2016, 10:21 PM) *

Keep our Utah community informed on your visit - I wanna meet who else is wishing everyone else happy birthdays besides me!

beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Boy are we lucky to have Eric and PMB providing one of the most essential services for the 914s.
Several years ago now, PMB rebuilt my front M's and 924 rears to accept vented rotors; I have been rewarded with a safer and more reliable car that I have a high degree of confidence in.
Thank you PMB ! smile.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(mapguy @ Dec 19 2016, 12:15 AM) *

First off, I'm not associated with PMB at all aside from being a customer. Also, I never do this. I just have to share how much I appreciate the old school customer service. I know I'm likely preaching to the choir, but anyway...

I recently had PMB rebuild all 4 of my calipers and added a bunch of parts to the same order. The rebuild work was top shelf, but I was a bit surprised to have some problems with omissions and correct fitment from the rest of the order.

Eric personally took over to make sure the whole situation was taken care of and explained very clearly what had happened. He really bent over backward to make sure it was addressed and I was happy. Hard to find customer service like that in this day and age. Eric fully owned the issue and sorted it out.

Eric, hope to see you soon at an event if I can ever get my car back in one piece! The good news is it is past maximum dis-assembly and is actually coming back together. Thanks in large part to your work.

I too can attest to Eric and PMB's fabulous service. Bought ALL my brakes components and rebuilds from them. Car stops like it should. Looks good to. Helped me also with rebuild of the brake balance unit. Also purchased my Weber 44IDF system from Eric and he has personally been involved in helping me though the jetting teething process. He may wish at times that he hadn't sold me the carbs.
First rate Company helping the 914 Community. First rate guy too. Can't wait to put a face with a name. Maybe Hershey in the Spring.
Jett
+1 quality people and quality work. Eric rebuilt our calipers and brake partitioning vale / control thingy. They look like museum pieces smile.gif
forrestkhaag
Those are all glowing comments and I agree with the sentiments; one and all.

However, the last time I saw Eric at the show tent in Anaheim, he offered me a free set of brake rotors and calipers, ..............then handed me this..........

sheeplove.gif
turnaround89
Agreed to all the above.

Placed an order for rear caliper rebuild kit, 911S front caliper rebuild kit, and the Duroano pistons. There was a little bit of a SNAFU on getting the order to ship, but one call and they looked into it and everything was solved.

The DuroAno pistons for the 911S front calipers are absolutely beautiful and incredibly lightweight compared to the stock pistons.

If anyone is rebuilding their rear calipers, check out the video PMB has on youtube, they go through the entire process step by step. Awesome service they provide to us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.