Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shout out to Eric and PMB
mapguy
post Dec 18 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #1

Freelance Generalist

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,945
Region Association: Southern California

First off, I'm not associated with PMB at all aside from being a customer. Also, I never do this. I just have to share how much I appreciate the old school customer service. I know I'm likely preaching to the choir, but anyway...

I recently had PMB rebuild all 4 of my calipers and added a bunch of parts to the same order. The rebuild work was top shelf, but I was a bit surprised to have some problems with omissions and correct fitment from the rest of the order.

Eric personally took over to make sure the whole situation was taken care of and explained very clearly what had happened. He really bent over backward to make sure it was addressed and I was happy. Hard to find customer service like that in this day and age. Eric fully owned the issue and sorted it out.

Eric, hope to see you soon at an event if I can ever get my car back in one piece! The good news is it is past maximum dis-assembly and is actually coming back together. Thanks in large part to your work.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 18 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Those of us who've seen Eric at an event can attest to his ability to bend over backward and own it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Seriously, this community is really blessed to have him. I'm towing my car across Nevada and Utah in a couple weeks to have him replace my rear brakes with his aluminum reproduction of the 914-6 rears and tune up the entire braking system. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Dec 18 2016, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

+1000 on customer service. Quick answers with issues not even directly related to parts, etc I've ordered from him.

And once, he even brought and dropped off parts as he was driving thru Des Moines on I-80 to an event out east!

We are lucky to have him around...
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Dec 18 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

PMB...Eric and staff are totally Legit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
wes
post Dec 19 2016, 12:49 AM
Post #5

wes

Member No.: 8,436

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I agree Eric his wife, and crew are upstanding supporters of our cars.
We are vary lucky to have some very good people to help us keep our cars running and looking great!
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Dec 19 2016, 01:25 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 18 2016, 10:21 PM) *

Those of us who've seen Eric at an event can attest to his ability to bend over backward and own it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Seriously, this community is really blessed to have him. I'm towing my car across Nevada and Utah in a couple weeks to have him replace my rear brakes with his aluminum reproduction of the 914-6 rears and tune up the entire braking system. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Keep our Utah community informed on your visit - I wanna meet who else is wishing everyone else happy birthdays besides me!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 19 2016, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 19 2016, 04:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 18 2016, 10:21 PM) *

Keep our Utah community informed on your visit - I wanna meet who else is wishing everyone else happy birthdays besides me!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Dec 19 2016, 08:01 AM
Post #8

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Boy are we lucky to have Eric and PMB providing one of the most essential services for the 914s.
Several years ago now, PMB rebuilt my front M's and 924 rears to accept vented rotors; I have been rewarded with a safer and more reliable car that I have a high degree of confidence in.
Thank you PMB ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Dec 19 2016, 09:13 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mapguy @ Dec 19 2016, 12:15 AM) *

First off, I'm not associated with PMB at all aside from being a customer. Also, I never do this. I just have to share how much I appreciate the old school customer service. I know I'm likely preaching to the choir, but anyway...

I recently had PMB rebuild all 4 of my calipers and added a bunch of parts to the same order. The rebuild work was top shelf, but I was a bit surprised to have some problems with omissions and correct fitment from the rest of the order.

Eric personally took over to make sure the whole situation was taken care of and explained very clearly what had happened. He really bent over backward to make sure it was addressed and I was happy. Hard to find customer service like that in this day and age. Eric fully owned the issue and sorted it out.

Eric, hope to see you soon at an event if I can ever get my car back in one piece! The good news is it is past maximum dis-assembly and is actually coming back together. Thanks in large part to your work.

I too can attest to Eric and PMB's fabulous service. Bought ALL my brakes components and rebuilds from them. Car stops like it should. Looks good to. Helped me also with rebuild of the brake balance unit. Also purchased my Weber 44IDF system from Eric and he has personally been involved in helping me though the jetting teething process. He may wish at times that he hadn't sold me the carbs.
First rate Company helping the 914 Community. First rate guy too. Can't wait to put a face with a name. Maybe Hershey in the Spring.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Dec 19 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

+1 quality people and quality work. Eric rebuilt our calipers and brake partitioning vale / control thingy. They look like museum pieces (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Dec 19 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Those are all glowing comments and I agree with the sentiments; one and all.

However, the last time I saw Eric at the show tent in Anaheim, he offered me a free set of brake rotors and calipers, ..............then handed me this..........

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Dec 19 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Agreed to all the above.

Placed an order for rear caliper rebuild kit, 911S front caliper rebuild kit, and the Duroano pistons. There was a little bit of a SNAFU on getting the order to ship, but one call and they looked into it and everything was solved.

The DuroAno pistons for the 911S front calipers are absolutely beautiful and incredibly lightweight compared to the stock pistons.

If anyone is rebuilding their rear calipers, check out the video PMB has on youtube, they go through the entire process step by step. Awesome service they provide to us!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 07:33 PM