Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrap up the loose ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Howard
The recurrent question we all had was, "Are we this good, or did we just get lucky?" A lot of both, to be sure.

Lots of thought in my muddled mind right now, but a couple of things...

Alberto and Rob, send me a bill for your expenses to I know where we stand. Rob, I gave the banner to Scott for his adventure (he couldn't fit the wheelbarrow in his car) so that is out of play.

I have to dig thru the stuff to figure out who won the silent auctions, best whatever, unclaimed raffle prizes, etc. Thinking about making a cd/dvd of the adventure if we can find someone who will put it all together.

We had a shortage of shirts in a few sizes. I ordered 30 extras but think some folks got kinda lightfingered. So maybe a combo of a shirt, hat, program (we ran out of those, too) a dvd, etc. could be sold if enough interest. Need to get approval from admin to sell anything here, but will give it a try. Could be a neat way to raise a few more $$.

Anyway, I'm going to return to may day job for a bit. It sure won't be as much fun, but gotta pay the bills and avoid an employee mutiny.

Thanks to all. I took the credit; you guys did the work.
siverson
I can help put together a CD or DVD. Just upload any and all photos/videos to my Streamload account:

http://www.streamload.com/Roots/Upload.asp

username: wcc2005

(or username "steve" will work too)

-Steve
Howard
I've already downloaded them to my PC and saved as .wmv files. Would it be better to just send you the mini DV tapes? Also, do you want to post this on the main forum and get a ton of stuff? Saw lots of folks taking video, and you may get more than you bargained for. Brer took high quality 35mm stuff that would need to be scanned.
siverson
If it is still very high quality (2000+ kbps; suitable for a DVD) WMV should be fine, otherwise, sure, you could send the mini-DV tapes:

Steve Iverson
Streamload
185 West F Street #430
San Diego, CA 92101

And sure, the more video the better, so feel free to post this publicly.

-Steve
Howard
OK, just waiting for an OK from Admin..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.