Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 901 differential
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
Edit: I got one, case closed.
---------------------------------
I'm rebuilding a side-shift 901 out of a '74 914. Since the bearings need to be replaced, I need to check pinion depth to ensure it's done properly. However, the factory tool for checking that is $$$$ and very difficult to find. So, I'm going to make my own (already have mill and lathe).

I'd like to buy a differential from a 914 901 box. It doesn't actually have to be from a 914 trans, but it does need to be from a magnesium case trans. I don't need the ring gear or spider gears, just the diff housing (but I would like the roller bearings and spacers, if possible).

Anyone have one lying around that's in decent shape, just taking up space?

Thanks!
fduval
QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 20 2016, 08:50 AM) *

I'm rebuilding a side-shift 901 out of a '74 914. Since the bearings need to be replaced, I need to check pinion depth to ensure it's done properly. However, the factory tool for checking that is $$$$ and very difficult to find. So, I'm going to make my own (already have mill and lathe).

I'd like to buy a differential from a 914 901 box. It doesn't actually have to be from a 914 trans, but it does need to be from a magnesium case trans. I don't need the ring gear or spider gears, just the diff housing (but I would like the roller bearings and spacers, if possible).

Anyone have one lying around that's in decent shape, just taking up space?

Thanks!

Hi Bill I think I have what you need see picture attached ..

Contact me if it works for you . regards
Francois

Click to view attachment
colingreene
i also have several.
sixaddict
Bill
Pretty sure I have one under a bunch of stuff
Cannabilized a bunch of gears to rebuild a box but didn't need the other parts
Since I am in South Carolina may save you some shipping $$
Your call
Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.