Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Caliper rebuild help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
branston
I see lots of rear caliper rebuild threads but haven't found anything specifically front caliper.

Mine are partially dismantled and I'm looking for a a procedure or video. have tried the search here but nothing useful found.

Can anyone help.
Thanks
Spoke
Many folks go to Eric Shea here for his caliper "restoring" services. It's money well spent. His website is www.pmbperformance.com. The calipers you will receive from Eric look like they've just come off the assembly line.

BTW,

welcome.png
colingreene
I was going to say the help you need is to box them up and mail them to Eric, hes the best. Hes done two sets of calipers for me now.
branston
I'm half way through the job so won't be shipping them to him, however his website has detailed info and a downloadable .pdf of the braking section of the workshop manual elsewhere got me out of the weeds tonight.

His calipers look awesome and perhaps if Santa doesn't bring me a set I may invest in the new year.

thanks for your help.
turnaround89
Not sure if this will help but here is an awesome video done by PMB for the rear calipers. If you can rebuild the rear calipers, a lot of it will simply transfer to doing the fronts.

Rear Brake Caliper Rebuild Video

If I recall 914 front calipers need to be split apart similar to the rear calipers. I'd suggest watching the video and you should be able to learn quite about caliper rebuilds in general.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.