Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Rebuilt Fuel Pump for 1972 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
itsmagic
The electric motor on my fuel pump seems to have crapped out. I can get it going briefly by tapping, but thats it. Probably bad armature brush's. Does anyone have a rebuilt 3 port fuel pump for sale? Alternatively, can you recommend someone who can rebuild mine? Thanks for any info.
TheCabinetmaker
Buy a new Bosch 2 port pump. About $100 bucks. #69133.
itsmagic
Thanks! Stupid question: On the new two port pump, Obviously one line is suction, the other is pressurized. What do I do with the return line hose attached to the original pump?
TheCabinetmaker
Eliminate it. I would also relocate the pump away from the heater dump valve. Might also be a good time to install steel lines in the tunnel and replace all the old rubber hoses
itsmagic
Thank you very much for the information and advice! I'll just eliminate the return line at the Y connector (or possibly just block it off).
brownaar
I just made the switch to a two-port pump after chasing fuel delivery demons with the 40+ year old three-port pump. Best thing I ever did. This is a pic I hijacked from somebody else's thread but it shows pretty much how I set mine up. You can buy a nice 52mm aluminum mounting bracket with a rubber insert on ebay for about 20 bucks.

Click to view attachment
914_teener
agree.gif

This is exactly how I did mine....more than several years ago.

Unless you want a concours car, this is the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.