Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is your realistic 2017 New Year's resolution for your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tygaboy
QUOTE(Gulf91474 @ Jan 3 2017, 04:25 AM) *

It's a 3.2 life for her...Click to view attachment

That right there? That is one of the best looking 914s on the planet!
Well done, my friend. Stunning. Just beautiful...
socal1200r
If I don't sell it, get it repainted the same yellow...and get the radio working with some new speakers...
sixaddict
Lets see....

1. Complete one restoration
2. Sell one instead
3. Get all cars out of the shops at the same time...
oops...bad plan must keep one there as not enough space ...kind of a garage musical chairs
4. arrange for car to go to shop
5. Don't complain how slow it is going
6. Don't buy any cars in 2017 ( wife just had strange feeling that wasn't
a hot flash)
7. Don't break anything evilgrin.gif
8. Don't buy any cars
9. Stop looking for parts and get to the garage
We all know about resolutions so only 4 and 5 probable confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jamie
Project for this year on Mistress is to install new Tangerine SS tunnel lines to go with the front mounted fuel pump I moved 2 yrs. ago. Problem is that I filled the fuel tank before her winter slumber, and need to drain that fuel into...? Will probably postpone until warmer weather so that I can drive some of the fuel level down to near empty before removing the tank.
Gulf91474
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jan 3 2017, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Gulf91474 @ Jan 3 2017, 04:25 AM) *

It's a 3.2 life for her...Click to view attachment

That right there? That is one of the best looking 914s on the planet!
Well done, my friend. Stunning. Just beautiful...

Thanks, For the comment..
Andyrew
Convince my wife I need AC and a heater in the car, finish the interior, and stop the damn oil leaks from my newly rebuilt engine.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 5 2017, 09:26 AM) *

Convince my wife I need AC and a heater in the car, finish the interior, and stop the damn oil leaks from my newly rebuilt engine.

After a ride in your car in the summer when she may be the most uncomfortable, she may be begging you for the a/c!
I'd forgotten you were in Modesto - I was there a few weeks ago. See, there's this girl... wub.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 5 2017, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 5 2017, 09:26 AM) *

After a ride in your car in the summer when she may be the most uncomfortable, she may be begging you for the a/c!
I'd forgotten you were in Modesto - I was there a few weeks ago. See, there's this girl... wub.gif

With the baby on the way I doubt she'll ever be in the passengers seat unless Im at a track day with friends... sad.gif
smj
Dangerous, as I think my current job ended with 2016. But assuming I'm not living under a bridge...

1) Fix the door handles on the -4
2) Figure out why the engine bay cover no longer fits on the -4
3) Fix the damage to the -4's hood from a lifted pickup's tailpipe (grrr...)
4) Get working turn signals on the -6
5) Working driving/fog lights on the -6
6) Complete rebuild of the spare trans for the -6
7) Some rust repair on the -6

Realistically, that's plenty for the rate I've been moving... Somebody make sure to bring this thread back up around June as a reminder, yes?
forrestkhaag
I will paint my hood again............ and this time, not let the motorized gate knock it flat on the ground then roll over it while it is on two horses in prep for red paint....... hissyfit.gif
tom.esh
I would like to get all the rust repair done on my 73 shell. Hope to make progress each week.
RickS
Get the thermal expansion issue with the clutch resolved so I will have 1st and reverse after the car is warm.

Edit: Accomplished with a thinner disc.

Get the hair trigger steering, which is hyper responsive sorted so going through a corner at speed is not a white knuckle pants soiling experience.

Tbd: just added new tires so we shall see.
mbseto
Would like to get it out for paint by summer. That means finishing the long replacement on the pass side, do the long replacement on the driver's side, repair the firewall, repair the floor. Would be nice to be working on the engine over the summer. Driveable by year end? Seems like a dream right now...
lonewolfe
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 3 2017, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 3 2017, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 3 2017, 03:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Sort out the tuning of the new 2276.
Pass inspection and get it roadlegal.
Drive and sort out the small issues that are bound to come up when you drive your 914 for the first time in 4 years and having had it apart completely. biggrin.gif

That is a stunning looking car - great job! first.gif

Thanks, still lots of little bits to do tho, but I'm starting to feel I've deserved a glass of something cold the day it passes inspection.

(The front valance fitment is all over the place in this pic but that piece was badly cracked so I've just put it together as best I could untill I can get a replacement.)

Matts, I always love seeing pictures of your car! What a beauty!
orthobiz
I bought a 1971 1.7 last year, gotta get it sorted out this year!

Paul
stevend914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Dec 31 2016, 11:31 PM) *

Here are my goals:

Jan - Install auxiliary cooler
Feb - Sort out ventilation system
Mar - Texas Hill Country Rallye & Treffen Hill Country Big Bend Nat'l Park
Apr - Nothing on the calendar...yet
May - Fiesta New Mexico Mesa Verde Nat'l Park
Jun - WCR 2017 & Rocky Mountain High Way Death Valley Nat'l Park Las Vegas Arches Nat'l Park
Jul - 2017 Porsche Parade Glacier Nat'l Park
Aug - Wisc golf vacation Maybe Run for the Hills
Sep - Treffen Ashville Maybe Okteenerfest
Oct - Maybe Dakota Region Wisconsin tour
Nov - PCA Palooza
Dec - Hibernate

Jan - I was talked out of installing one but I think I need one
Feb - Completed
Mar - Completed today 4850 total miles also went to Corpus Christi I was the only 914 at Treffen Hill Country
Apr - See Jan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.