Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is your realistic 2017 New Year's resolution for your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DRPHIL914
Last year my goal was to completed the build challenge and get all the rust repair done-
Well I got the rust repair of floors and longs done thanks to Chris and the guys at Tangering aka CFR- but I ran out of money and had to stop short with the fender repair not quite done and car didn't get prepped for paint or painted- SO!!
For this year goal is to get it paint prepped and painted before Octeenerfest-
How about you????
Here is the current state of my car-
mb911
My goal is to get all of the welding done, ground and epoxy primed.. That should be completely doable but who knows with my schedule.
flat4guy
Attend the Werks show in Monterey in August.
Larmo63
I will try to complete my /6 build so I can drive it to Route 66 and WCR, and keep up my low carb diet.

I'll be the cut guy with the black six conversion.

Happy New Year.

DRPHIL914
Lol I like the "no carbs" resolution - stay with F.I. For sure!!! lol-2.gif
Coondog
I will drop my 914 off at Patrick Motorsport............ biggrin.gif
Rleog
Get it registered, pass Massachusetts safety inspection and drive it regularly.

And a big thanks to Chris Foley and Ed Morrow at Tangerine Racing. beerchug.gif
Rand
Same as my own. Lose weight, gain muscle.
Lose the bubs. Take care of the engine.
GaroldShaffer
I need to install a better oil cooler and improve the air flow thru it. Then drive the hell out of it. driving.gif aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
My goal for my Six is to have it back in my garage before the end of summer 2017. It's been in VA at Scotty's since May of 2012 and I think that's a fair stretch of time. w00t.gif
snakemain
Drove mine today around town for about an hour with the new engine, trying to work out the kinks. Lots of power, but a little rough transitioning from idle to usable RPM. Need to figure out if I want to keep the big 4 or invest in a 6 to make it a little more drivable.
speed metal army
I'm going to install that boxster s trans Ive had for a couple years! beerchug.gif
stevend914
Here are my goals:

Jan - Install auxiliary cooler
Feb - Sort out ventilation system
Mar - Texas Hill Country Rallye & Treffen Hill Country Big Bend Nat'l Park
Apr - Nothing on the calendar...yet
May - Fiesta New Mexico Mesa Verde Nat'l Park
Jun - WCR 2017 & Rocky Mountain High Way Death Valley Nat'l Park Las Vegas Arches Nat'l Park
Jul - 2017 Porsche Parade Glacier Nat'l Park
Aug - Wisc golf vacation Maybe Run for the Hills
Sep - Treffen Ashville Maybe Okteenerfest
Oct - Maybe Dakota Region Wisconsin tour
Nov - PCA Palooza
Dec - Hibernate
tomh
My goal starts tomorrow;
Drive.....Drive.......Drive
Yea baby!!!!!!
914junkie
Hopefully to own a 914 again but with values on the rise I may have to settle for a 944 for now which I also love but nothing like a teener! biggrin.gif
Happy New Year to the World! beerchug.gif
green914
Want to drive my 73 weekly. driving.gif

Get the engine build on the 74 completed. idea.gif

WCR 2017 piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

jmill
Get it off the jack stands!

I have the rims. Just need to buy tires and complete the rear 5 lug conversion. It's totally doable and hope to have it rolling before summer hits.
gandalf_025
I will probably glance at it as I walk by when I'm in the garage
for some other reason and think I should actually do some work on it.

Not saying I will actually do it, but I'll think about it probably..

You did say "realistic" goals, no ??
bandjoey
Quick Jack, adjust the valves, and drive. beerchug.gif
RARE 6
Figure out if the last two "corners" on the bucket list (NE Maine to Key West) are in the cards in 2017. Knocked off far NW Washington to San Diego in 2016. Part of the plan to drive the hell out of the -6 while we can still get in and out without assistance.
Shadowfax
New interior, replace more rubber bits (door and targa seals), remove the windshield and hope the rail isn't rusted, drive the @#!*& out of it white914.jpg smile.gif
mlindner
Well, I hope...hope to finish mounting suspension, finish and install engine (CARBED), little interior work (dynomat/carpeting). and back to the track. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
Frankvw
In 2017 I will try to finish the 914 to-do list so tje car can be tested for a registration in Holland. After that it can be driven on the publuc roads...so important goal.
billh1963
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 31 2016, 10:36 PM) *

My goal for my Six is to have it back in my garage before the end of summer 2017. It's been in VA at Scotty's since May of 2012 and I think that's a fair stretch of time. w00t.gif

And, hopefully, my '72 911T right behind it! piratenanner.gif
billh1963
For my 914(s)

Get the transmission Dr. Evil built for me installed in my '72 914 2.7L (six)

Get the engine installed in my '74 2.0 that has been completed since September and is still waiting to be put back in!

wacko.gif
Neil914
Just to see my car, then put in new fuel lines and injector seals so it doesn't burn down. Also a brake fluid flush, then put some miles down, maybe even on the track or autox.
Krieger
I hope to finish my engine build for my 3.0 in the next few months and get the car back to the track!
Chris914n6
Last year I did very little work TO the 914 but I did do a lot of work FOR the 914.
I have a rule that cars must pay for cars, and now I'm about half way funded on my 'restomod' budget, so the only thing not getting the 914 on the road in 2017 is my time.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2016, 07:35 PM) *

My goal is to get all of the welding done, ground and epoxy primed.. That should be completely doable but who knows with my schedule.

Same goal, same scheduling issues! Happy New Year!
warpig
Get it running good enough to drive to WCR 2017. piratenanner.gif
Finish all the stuff I promised Mark (914 Rubber) I would finish last year. chair.gif
914pipe
Loctite all bolts and nuts!!! biggrin.gif

New Exhaust setup for the EG33.

Buy new front tires and an aligment.

Finish the outer body work and paint it.

Twin turbo it.... This never end's!!! dry.gif

Current state (driveable) :

Click to view attachment
Cuda911
Started on my main goal today: "Drive more!"

Spend the day driving down the coast.

pbanders
Drive my 914 more.
somd914
Finish the paint prep and get the Ravenna green car sprayed, then some minor sorting out and start driving her...

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
1. Install turbo tie rods
2. Adjust wheel bearings
3. Front alignment
4. Install new master brake cylinder and bleed brakes
5. Drive the car. driving.gif
6. Maybe New paint job this year if budget allows
7. Valve job & tune up
8. Drive the car more. driving.gif

Lot of small projects but nothing major.
Type 47
After 40 years I'm going to retire/start a new career and put my 914 together... if I can figure out how to get the wiring harness back in and the windows back in the Doors.
Chris914n6
1. find and organize 20 years of pics wacko.gif
2. start build thread finally w00t.gif
3. update build thread with actual 914 progress biggrin.gif
4. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
mgp4591
Get it roadworthy (if not totally legal) for RRC 2017, get it running well.
falcor75
Click to view attachment

Sort out the tuning of the new 2276.
Pass inspection and get it roadlegal.
Drive and sort out the small issues that are bound to come up when you drive your 914 for the first time in 4 years and having had it apart completely. biggrin.gif

mgp4591
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 3 2017, 03:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Drive and sort out the small issues that are bound to come up when you drive your 914 for the first time in 4 years and having had it apart completely. biggrin.gif

That is a stunning looking car - great job! first.gif
TM_Corey
Drive it for the first time since 1981!
falcor75
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 3 2017, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 3 2017, 03:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

That is a stunning looking car - great job! first.gif

Thanks, still lots of little bits to do tho, but I'm starting to feel I've deserved a glass of something cold the day it passes inspection.

(The front valance fitment is all over the place in this pic but that piece was badly cracked so I've just put it together as best I could untill I can get a replacement.)
Gulf91474
It's a 3.2 life for her...Click to view attachment
white1975
try to get enough energy to put mine back on the road .
has been off the road since 1985 and I am the original owner
family and kids took all the time and money
now permanently disabled with little money and lots of time
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(white1975 @ Jan 3 2017, 08:02 AM) *

original owner?, awesome!! I can say that it always takes time, but money varies depending on what you are capable of doing or willing to do. Ive done a lot myself but ended up paying to have the rust repair/welding done by someone with more experience in that area, but have saved thousands of dollars by doing stuff myself- there are a lot of guys in the Ohio area that may be able to help you too!.
BTW my car was originally sold at the Porsche Audi dealership in Dublin Ohio. Last name of the original owner was Graham I believe(have to check the records) I am #5 owner - that winter up there must be harsh because I know the car ended up in 29 palms CA and that probably saved its life- 8 years I ohio did a number on it- if your car has been of the road and was rust free when you took it off great! but rust does not sleep- How was it stored? you will need to do a lot of prep work to get it running- new gas lines etc are a must.- Post some pictures and oh Welcome to World
welcome.png
billh1963
QUOTE(Gulf91474 @ Jan 3 2017, 07:25 AM) *

It's a 3.2 life for her...Click to view attachment

Very nice!
JoeDees
My 914 New Year's resolution is to move it across country, introduce her to my father, get it stripped and back on the rotisserie, and start stripping the paint/body work/epoxy primer.
white1975
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 3 2017, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(white1975 @ Jan 3 2017, 08:02 AM) *

original owner?, awesome!! I can say that it always takes time, but money varies depending on what you are capable of doing or willing to do. Ive done a lot myself but ended up paying to have the rust repair/welding done by someone with more experience in that area, but have saved thousands of dollars by doing stuff myself- there are a lot of guys in the Ohio area that may be able to help you too!.
BTW my car was originally sold at the Porsche Audi dealership in Dublin Ohio. Last name of the original owner was Graham I believe(have to check the records) I am #5 owner - that winter up there must be harsh because I know the car ended up in 29 palms CA and that probably saved its life- 8 years I ohio did a number on it- if your car has been of the road and was rust free when you took it off great! but rust does not sleep- How was it stored? you will need to do a lot of prep work to get it running- new gas lines etc are a must.- Post some pictures and oh Welcome to World
welcome.png

we moved here last year form sacramento area the car is a calif car

worn
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Dec 31 2016, 05:58 PM) *

Last year my goal was to completed the build challenge and get all the rust repair done-
Well I got the rust repair of floors and longs done thanks to Chris and the guys at Tangering aka CFR- but I ran out of money and had to stop short with the fender repair not quite done and car didn't get prepped for paint or painted- SO!!
For this year goal is to get it paint prepped and painted before Octeenerfest-
How about you????
Here is the current state of my car-

My resolution is to drive a completed '72 with 3.2 across the country and back.
boxsterfan
Realistically, I'd like to have it torn down to a bare chassis and ready to be shipped off to sandblasting. I could be further along in this process, but I would have to schedule a weekend and supply beer/meat to a group of people in my area.

A side goal would be to purchase a /6 motor this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.