Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WebCam Mechanical Lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
capitolatim
We are putting together a 103mm four. I have FAT barrels and pistons with their cam, T-4. They say use WebCam mechanical lifters. which I have 00-265.

The lifters have a cir-clip and it sounds like a piston in them that rattles. My engine guy said they look like hydraulic lifters. I called FAT and WebCam, they assured me they are not, and that's just the way they make them.

Anyone have experience with these? Seems sort of weird to me.

Cheers
Tim
worn
QUOTE(capitolatim @ Jan 3 2017, 12:28 PM) *

We are putting together a 103mm four. I have FAT barrels and pistons with their cam, T-4. They say use WebCam mechanical lifters. which I have 00-265.

The lifters have a cir-clip and it sounds like a piston in them that rattles. My engine guy said they look like hydraulic lifters. I called FAT and WebCam, they assured me they are not, and that's just the way they make them.

Cheers
Tim

Mine were like that. I think they are just made of two pieces for some reason. The clip holds the push rod.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(worn @ Jan 3 2017, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(capitolatim @ Jan 3 2017, 12:28 PM) *

Cheers
Tim

Mine were like that. I think they are just made of two pieces for some reason. The clip holds the push rod.

The clip holds the lifter PR end cup in place, I believe it was the simplest way to heat treat the cup. Fat is recommending the WEB lifters because most likely it is a WEB cam.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.