Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump removal for '74 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikehinton
I'm in the process of trying to replace the fuel pump on my 1074 1.8. Is there some secret method to loosening the clamp that holds the pump to the body? I can't figure out how to access the bolt that tightens the clamp.

Thanks in advance!
napasteve
Mike,

If your fuel pump is like my original, you need a 1/4" drive with an extension to get the nut off. It's tight but doable. I don't remember what the nut size was; maybe 10 or 12mm?

Here is a picture of my original fuel pump. Obviously you need to remove the flapper before you can get at the pump.

Click to view attachment
mikehinton
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jan 7 2017, 08:31 AM) *

Mike,

If your fuel pump is like my original, you need a 1/4" drive with an extension to get the nut off. It's tight but doable. I don't remember what the nut size was; maybe 10 or 12mm?

Here is a picture of my original fuel pump. Obviously you need to remove the flapper before you can get at the pump.

Click to view attachment

Hi Steve:

I was able to get the upper bolt, but couldn't access the lower one. I wound up just cutting the clamp with a Dremel tool. I'm going to rig up another mounting system to make the job easier next time!

Mike
napasteve
Interesting. My original pump was only attached with the upper bolt. The bottom position was just a rubber bumper. FYI I replaced my original with a Bosch 69133 mounted on the firewall.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.