Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I am restoring my headlight assemblies so I took them apart and repainted them. Now I have to put them back together. I don't believe that my assemblies were together correctly to begin with.

My question revolves around the proper way to mount the round headlight mount to the main assembly. I did some research, looked at pictures, etc. I found some that had two springs while others had one. In addition some had one mounting screw and others had two.

Looking at the two parts it looks like there should be two springs.

Also, should the two assemblies be touching?
mmascari
I found this pic. This one has two bolts and one spring.
turnaround89
I just started restoring my headlight assemblies. I had two screws and one spring.

Now I Need to locate someone who has those screws because mine are rounded like no other.

I thin the spring should be mounted on the inside holder closest to the hood. My thoughts, which could be totally wrong, are that the spring is used to pull the headlight towards the center line of the car to assist with proper alignment.

Hope others chime in as well.

Best of luck with your build!
mmascari
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 7 2017, 08:16 PM) *

I just started restoring my headlight assemblies. I had two screws and one spring.

Now I Need to locate someone who has those screws because mine are rounded like no other.

I thin the spring should be mounted on the inside holder closest to the hood. My thoughts, which could be totally wrong, are that the spring is used to pull the headlight towards the center line of the car to assist with proper alignment.

Hope others chime in as well.

Best of luck with your build!

Thanks, that was how mine was put together as well....two screws and one spring. I also assume the two parts touch each other (at least where the spring holds the two together).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.