Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celica racing radiator folks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris914n6
What did you guys use for a radiator upper air bleeder valve?

Mine has a m10x1.0 hole that is pretty useless for this.

Found this, but UK only Standard M10 Brass Bleed Valve
76-914
Shit, I don't remember seeing an opening to plug. Shoot a pic, will ya? beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Threw some bolts in there that I sealed up after I used them for the initial bleed.
Mike Bellis
I have a 3' hose and a ball vale at the end. I can hang the ball valve up high to id in bleeding.
Krieger
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 13 2017, 12:52 PM) *

What did you guys use for a radiator upper air bleeder valve?

Mine has a m10x1.0 hole that is pretty useless for this.

Found this, but UK only Standard M10 Brass Bleed Valve

That looks like what is on the bottom of my Craftsman air compressor...
Krieger
I bought a Uview Airlift tool on Amazon for my Boxster. You use this tool to create a vacuum in the cooling system when you refill it with coolant. Porsche repair shops use these.m It is really easy to use. I always wondered why you water cooled guys did not do use these.
Chris914n6
Sorry it took so long Kent.... took the pic then decided to fit the factory fan shroud to the 'racing' radiator headbang.gif Dremel with a sanding drum required.

Need to find bottom grommets that fit so I can start on the install.

The old radiator used an inline bleeder on the top hose inlet. Both inlets are closer to the bottom on this one.

Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 13 2017, 11:14 PM) *

Sorry it took so long Kent.... took the pic then decided to fit the factory fan shroud to the 'racing' radiator headbang.gif Dremel with a sanding drum required.

Need to find bottom grommets that fit so I can start on the install.

The old radiator used an inline bleeder on the top hose inlet. Both inlets are closer to the bottom on this one.

Click to view attachment

Perfect timing Chris. Just got back to my computer, now. Thx. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.