QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 6 2017, 05:45 AM) *

I'm in rain or shine. ETA 7 a.m. Sunday morning

Taking one from your quiver?
cary
I'm at PDX right now .....
914-300Hemi
I will be there rain or shine.
Montreal914
Will be there with a couple of teener/Porsche friends. No 914 as parking is sold out.
914_teener
Going with the car.

Bought the tickets a while ago and got parking.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 6 2017, 05:45 AM) *

I'm in rain or shine. ETA 7 a.m. Sunday morning

Be looking for you Leamon ¡
cary
seeing lots of 914 s driving around.
914_teener
My wife is sick and has opted out.

So I have an extra ticket if anyone needs one.

PM me if anyone needs one. I.ll be there at 7.

Just screwed the rain tray in the car.
burton73
I will be there.

Bob B
infraredcalvin
All cleaned up yesterday... 4:08AM today, pouring outside... lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment should clear up but raining now.
I have no top. unsure.gif
sb914
Pouring rain right now!
burton73
Clear now. 8.00AM
914_teener
Got back early....could have stayed all day.

I sure others will post more.....incredible event.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Doesn.t get much better.....

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
agree.gif
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Met Rob, Cesar, Leighman, Don, Mark, Ben and Chris. Had a great time but exhausted.
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
914_teener
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Very nice event. smilie_pokal.gif

I don't know if this car is owned by a member here. Nice car, like many other 914's at the event.

Click to view attachment

Other delights

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 7 2017, 05:33 PM) *

Is that silver car from New Jersey ? !!!!
914-300Hemi
Yes it is
Click to view attachment
iankarr
Nice to see that Cheech was represented....
914_teener
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 7 2017, 03:26 PM) *

Very nice event. smilie_pokal.gif

I don't know if this car is owned by a member here. Nice car, like many other 914's at the event.

Click to view attachment

Other delights

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That beautiful red teener is Pete Stout's.

Helluva nice guy.

He was "tauting" a new publication...."000". It was awesome. Probably worth everything he charges.

Met several folks that drove their 914's down from the Bay area. Almost too much to take in.
914_teener
Dumped.....they look cool like this.....otherwise....meh..

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Saw quite a few 914's come "out of the woodwork".

A six with a husband and wife...didn.t get a chance to talk...they left right before me.

My car on the right. Put they rain tray in and good thing I fixed my wipers last year thanks Jim!

Click to view attachment
Catorse
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 7 2017, 04:24 PM) *

A six with a husband and wife...didn.t get a chance to talk...they left right before me.

Click to view attachment

I think that was me and my wife! This is my car
914_teener
Few more...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener
I keep trying to get this guy to sell his car to me....yes that right in the "marquis section now". One of our members here.
Click to view attachment
phatnine11
The ultimate theft deterrent device!
jim_hoyland
Great shots ! I believe the green 914 is Ceasers, always a head turner. smile.gif
JmuRiz
I don't 'know' that orange 914/6...looks nice though. Maybe Rob brought it out to the show along with his Orange w/ white stripe ST replica 911. Hmmmmm.
914_teener
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 8 2017, 07:58 AM) *

I don't 'know' that orange 914/6...looks nice though. Maybe Rob brought it out to the show along with his Orange w/ white stripe ST replica 911. Hmmmmm.

I asked about the Maryland plated car. He said he didn.t drive it often.

Here is an RS that fooled me. Tbought it was a real RS at first but tjen when I looked at the VIN....looked like a comverted 912....?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener
In the backround you can see the parking lot for aircooled parking.
I was told that the 1,700 spots sold out in 36 hours. I suspect there were some no shows because of the early rain as the whole lot wasn.t full. There were probably 30 914's there and the rest were assdraggers. There were quite a few really nice 914's inside the gates along with Pete Stouts and a few other members here. A lot of the pictures I took just don.t convey what they look like on person. In some ways it was as good as Rennsport...witbout the racing IMHO.

In the end I was glad I left a little early...around 3 PM the skies opened up and there was one helluva lightening and thunderstorm that came through which is unusual for So. Cal.
Maltese Falcon
One of the coolest professionals in our Porsche culture and BOSS of Luftgekhült gigs, Patrick Long ; giving Mattylite and the Falcon some pointers biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 7 2017, 06:55 PM) *

Nice to see that Cheech was represented....

Ian are you tight with Cheech ?.....we should find out who the owner is....
Maltese Falcon
Hobie surfboard themed 914, I get it and see a blue surfboard on a roof rack. Some things that I don't get; vin plate on A pillar was cut off, top of rear fiberglass bumper was gapped about a 1/2" away from the body, rear valance was gapped about 1/2 " rearwards from the bumper. I was able to read some of the stamped vin # 473... top of R fender in the trunk...rest of the numbers covered in thick black paint. The 914-4 style w/ washer (goes to the spare tire) hose just left dangling in the trunk. A+ on the 6 cyl conversion with itb's and Motech stand alone mgmt...but why short change on simple details ? Word at Luft4 is that it was a commissioned build for the customer idea.gif
Click to view attachment
Catorse
Hey Marty I was there in my purple 914-6, the one with the gold wheels. I didn't know you were a 914 guy, I would have love to meet you simply because of the header gift on the Devore 928 which I also own!!!
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 9 2017, 09:10 AM) *

Type 597 Jagdwagen Porsche off roader owned by Tom Kendall, formerly owned by the Late Otis Chandler. Otis had a 4 cam Carrera engine slipped in there aktion035.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Catorse @ May 8 2017, 09:12 PM) *

Hey Marty I was there in my purple 914-6, the one with the gold wheels. I didn't know you were a 914 guy, I would have love to meet you simply because of the header gift on the Devore 928 which I also own!!!

Hey Adam, sorry that we didn't meet . I dig the unique combo of color and wheels on your 914...are those Rose-gold ? How is the Highwayman project going ? I know the Captain Carl is finishing up your engine now...his engine dyno will only fit his special exhaust system, so you will probably install our headers directly on your car in your shop. Glad to supply a Gen-2 MSDS header set to such an iconic 928 driving.gif
cary
Surfboard car smoked (blue) pretty bad when it was leaving.
Running pretty rough.
914_teener
QUOTE(cary @ May 9 2017, 12:29 PM) *

Surfboard car smoked (blue) pretty bad when it was leaving.
Running pretty rough.

It looked cool sitting there....but with a surfboard in the wind attached to the targa top the way it was.....probably not long for this world.

Probably a good thing it wasnmt running well with the surfboard on top.
Catorse
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 9 2017, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Catorse @ May 8 2017, 09:12 PM) *

Hey Adam, sorry that we didn't meet . I dig the unique combo of color and wheels on your 914...are those Rose-gold ? How is the Highwayman project going ? I know the Catain Carl is finishing up your engine now...his engine dyno will only fit his special exhaust system, so you will probably install our headers directly on your car in your shop. Glad to supply a Gen-2 MSDS header set to such an iconic 928 driving.gif

Hey Marty!

Wheels are powdercoated a weird color called "flaming gold" LOL. Motor is done, dynoed at 503 HP and now we are building a new intake for it to go even further.

I have your headers in the garage awaiting install...to say they are a work of art is an understatement, thanks again and I will keep you posted!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.