Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JP Stein has passed away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tdgray
Very sad to hear this.... I always enjoyed JP's posts and his musings on everything from 914's to his most recent mustang.

Another valued member of the community gone... so sad sad2.gif
davep
Very sad to hear. He was one of the originals, and highly respected. RIP my 914 brother!
Mark Henry
RIP

That sucks, I always liked JP's posts and he was quite helpful when I was planning my /6 engine build.
He will be missed sad.gif
Chris H.
He did every bit of work on that car too including the paint and engine rebuild.

From the other thread, it started as this:

Click to view attachment

He had those HIGH boxes he put it on. How the f did he get it up there??? Always had sweet nicknames for it like "the shitbox" biggrin.gif . Did some serious autoX with that car. But when he won he'd post "got lucky again..." or "was the least sucky today..." etc. Very humble guy.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 18 2017, 08:10 AM) *

...He had those HIGH boxes he put it on. How the f did he get it up there??? Always had sweet nicknames for it like "the shitbox" ...

I always wondered how he got his car on those tall plywood jack-boxes too.
Very cool once they were on there though, it was like a car dolly biggrin.gif
Mike D.
RIP - JP sad.gif
euro911
Damnit mad.gif

I realize it will happen to every one of us at some point, but still don't like hearing this sad2.gif

My condolences to his family and friends alike. Rest in Peace, JP ...
grantsfo
IPB Image

JP may you be on fresh rubber wherever you are.
NeunEinVier
RIP JP.
ge9146
God speed JP. Only got to meet him once at Portland Parade in 06. Always enjoyed his posts and sage advice. Always to the point.
May your every run be FTD
Drums66
shocked[1].gif ,May his family get peace&happiness!
bye1.gif
johnhora
RIP JP....

Sad news indeed...the knowledge base keeps thinning.
Thank goodness there more and more of the younger 914 nut cases picking up and carrying on the knowledge and preserving it....
pete-stevers
I am sorry to hear this! sad.gif
Rest in peace JP.
JRust
Man this is a shock. Haven't heard from him in a while. JP is one of the classics here. Had a great time with JP the few times I spent with him. Did a few things in his garage with him. Was a great guy to be around. Helped me part out a burned 2.7 6 conversion I bought years ago. Case was semi melted. Was a good build & he helped me scavenge everything still good off of it. Was surprised how much stuff was saved & sold.

RIP JP you will be missed
Mike T
I just dropped in and saw this sad news. Rest in Peace JP.

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.