Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: now where did I put those nuts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
After a long time & little clean up & clutch cable work I'm starting to put stuff back together, anybody know where I put the two nuts that hold the cable pulley bracket to the trans?
I've got the pulley and washer and step nut & I remember cleaning those suckers but no idea where I put them, somewhere I wouldn't lose them I'm sure -but not bagged and tagged (big dumb dummy)

If you don't know where they are can you at least help me out with the size/specs for some replacements?

TIA

beerchug.gif
cjl
914Sixer
Should be the same nuts that hold the diff side cover on.
76-914
You put them someplace you wouldn't have to think about when needed later. lol-2.gif I do that all the time and can't frigging remember where once needed. Looked all over Hell's Half Acre for a missing Hitch Pin. I had previously left it in the receiver so I would see next time I hooked up and wouldn't have to search for it. I looked everywhere but there. headbang.gif
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 24 2017, 08:36 PM) *

Should be the same nuts that hold the diff side cover on.

yep i figured they were the same as the side cover, so... any idea what size the nuts are that hold the side diff cover on?
I have looked in Haynes and Clymers and searched here but no luck

beerchug.gif
cjl
rudedude
8x1.25 same as most other fasteners on the car
Olympic 914
The PET shows that as being a Mid grip nut self-locking Part Number 999 090 101 02

Not much help there,

But the studs are M8

So the answer would be ... M8 nuts
theleschyouknow
thanks for the responses I'm going look for them a little bit more, then pick up some new ones, & then find the old ones

beerchug.gif
cjl
rgalla9146
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jan 25 2017, 04:31 PM) *

thanks for the responses I'm going look for them a little bit more, then pick up some new ones, & then find the old ones

beerchug.gif
cjl

Have you looked on the trans ?
mr914
Sounds like a good time to clean the garage.... sad.gif

Went thru that in the quest for the lost keeper wedges between early struts and early ball joints. Someone, blink.gif put them in the change tray on the dresser so he wouldn't forget them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.