Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slowly but surely
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Got the fuel system in today & the drivers door is back on.
Aaron Cox
where does the oil cooler vent to? the hole in the bulkhead/floor?
J P Stein
This looks like a gud place for this puppy. biggrin.gif
URY914
I'm surprized to see you use that fuel pump.

How many gallons is your tank, less than 5 right?

Paul
J P Stein
Tomorrow, hood pins & black paint. My 2 new sticky buns should be in Tuesday.......hook up some wires & change springs ....it'll be ready for an alignment.

Note to self: Put some oil in the motor. biggrin.gif

Aaron:
Ayup, the 3 holes in the lower bulkhead.

Paul:
Ayup, 5 gallons...other than the noise, the Facet pump has done well for several years. It's kinda like my Pertronix, if the SOB would ever fail, I'll replace it with a gud one. biggrin.gif
To really shock you, I run it straight thru with no pressure regulator.
URY914
I am really shocked! biggrin.gif

Paul
J P Stein
Ya'll gotta realize I report all my equiptment failures and my own fuck-ups here faithfully. Blown oil coolers (brain fade on my part......coil wire into the fan (likewise), plugged idle jets (Weber gods).....the fucker just don't break that often & I beat the livin' dog shit outta it....& my ex-co-driver did worser.

I didn't always use the "cats ass" parts except where I felt it was absolutely necessary.....Fluidyne cooler, Troutman Thermostat, new RS dizzy, the trans was done by the best guy in my area. I don't need thousand dollar headers....if they saved 50 pounds, I might consider them, tho. biggrin.gif
r_towle

for some reason the direct hard connection between the pump and the tank makes me scared...

I would think that a flexible line between those two, even if its really short, might be prudent....

My pump vibrates quite a bit, and its not the same as the tank vibration from the car/road/motor..

Rich
J P Stein
SS braided hose from the tank to the carbs. You must be having an optional allusion. biggrin.gif The fitting on the left of the pump passes behind the tank & 90s thru the bulkhead.
drgchapman
hurry up Dude, We got shit to do..........Parade, WCC, keep'em em running.

Next A/X is next sunday.

Need any help?

Gary
J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Apr 30 2005, 08:23 PM)
hurry up Dude, We got shit to do..........Parade, WCC, keep'em em running.

Next A/X is next sunday.

Need any help?

Gary

Well, yes.
Come on over. Come early, I'm a day shift guy now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.