Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB good engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
IronHillRestorations
I'm trying to find a good used engine for a customer. The car currently has a carbureted engine, so we'd lean in that direction. A FI engine would require all the ancillaries: brain, fuel pump, etc.

This is not for a track or DE car, just looking for a clean, dry, no questions engine.

A known good long block would be considered as well.

Right now it's an open book, so fire away.

ndfrigi
check Forrest engine that is for sale now

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=303019
IronHillRestorations
Thanks for the lead! Keep 'em comin'
914werke
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Jan 28 2017, 01:12 PM) *

Another option here
rolleyes.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 28 2017, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Jan 28 2017, 01:12 PM) *

Another option here
rolleyes.gif

Looks like a trick engine, but a bit much for this project.
bradtho
I've got a professionally rebuilt 1.7 with djet. It's my DD so runs well and reliably. Probably 25k since the rebuild. I'm maybe 2 months out from my swap
forrestkhaag
Hey Brad / Our Daughter and Grandson are in Ballard / We need to hook up on the conversions we both have underway. I am getting ready for the drop and swap for my newly built 6.... WooWoo beerchug.gif
ericoneal
You can buy this one. Its clean, dry, and I wont ask any questions.
lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Ok, I'll see myself out now...
gearjam
I have a 76 2.0 that was rebuilt and never started. I bought the car last summer intending to do a engine swap and didn't plan on using the 2.0 engine. It was in the car and in a barn since 1987. I have no paper work but did find bearings and valves in the boxes of parts. It has webers and was told it has a webcam but don't know much more. It had what I remember as a Kerry Hunt header on it which I removed so I could store the engine easier. It never had any oil in it so it put oil in it and started it on a creeper which I recorded and posted on FB for the old owner to see. The engine has what I was told is a new clutch. Its complete with alt and tin but no exhaust. $2000 picked up in 17522 Ephrata Pa or swapmeet Hershey spring. Also have sideshifter trans and shifter and rods.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Jan 30 2017, 06:44 AM) *

You can buy this one. Its clean, dry, and I wont ask any questions.
lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Ok, I'll see myself out now...

I can take a joke biggrin.gif

Did you find anything noteworthy in that engine Eric? Inquiring minds want to know??? idea.gif idea.gif
ericoneal
Unfortuneatly, I have a very untrained eye, but as someone else responded, the cam appears to be done. (you can see from the picture above.) The heads dont appear to have any cracks, and the piston rings were all intact. Slow going now. I'm waiting for some warmer weather so I can take the case (and maybe the heads) to the car wash to powerwash. Then figure out where to go from there.
IronHillRestorations
Bump! Still looking
forrestkhaag
Bump for Perry / He passed on my well running engine that is a daily driver well know to many here on the west coast so I am sure his standards for purchase are very high.

Good Luck with your search for the perfect used engine for your client's car / he is well deserving of your expertise.

Mine is still for sale and I will start a new thread with details when I have time to get back to sales mode so as not to hijack this thread.

beerchug.gif
thelogo

Mine is still for sale

beerchug.gif
[/quote]

Wtf man ?
forrestkhaag
WTF.gif
Here is the fuck. PK needed fairly perfect engine for a client that has a fairly huge investment (on balance) in his 914. If I had over 20K in a 914 without an engine, I too, would look to a new pristine engine.

My engine is not a new engine, but a proven engine - It is a running fully operational engine that will serve another driver for years to come.

It has served me well in rain, snow, sleet, and hell. Way too many good World folks can attest to my participation in drives in summer and winter so lets leave it alone going forward.

If interested, pm as are others.

beerchug.gif

icon_bump.gif for PK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.