Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how did you find the club?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tracks914
I Dogpiled the old classifieds and found this site when it first started. It took me a couple of days to sign up and am glad I did.
Thanks to all who contribute and donate time, money and energy to this site. clap.gif
I wish I was a couple of thousand miles closer to ya'll so I could meet you in person. (and have beer with you) beerchug.gif
Carl
I was active on Roadglue and Rennlist. There was a little conversation about this site but I hadn't looked it up. Then John, the owner and gatekeeper on Rennlist took offense to something Brad posted on R'list and went completely, totally, and irresponsibly ballistic. Even though Brad's posts were typically Brad - a bit brash and cocky, in my opinion there was no way they warranted the harsh, over the top response that John laid on him. My interest in Rennlist ended at that point and this became my 914 site.
Brad Roberts
My therapist asked me to block that reason from memory banks on "why" I started this site. laugh.gif

No. I dont have a therapist.. well at least not one that is acredited. Several people have "listened" to me over this last year.

B
Aaron Cox
zois left a note on my pillow laugh.gif lol2.gif

the above was a poor attempt at humor wacko.gif barf.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I have absolutely NO recollection of how I found this web site. I'm just glad it's here.
Cheers, Elliot
J P Stein
Sumbody PMed me on the bird board.....don't remember who the SOB was that got me hooked. dry.gif
TravisNeff
Everyone jumped off the bridge on pelican and rennlist and I jumped too.
Brad Roberts
Everyone jumped off the bridge on pelican and rennlist and I jumped too.

laugh.gif

Holy S.. that was funny..

Where is my buddy from Philly ??

Follow me..."Drink this Koolaid"

I love this group. Sometimes I hate 914's.. but the people have always rocked.

B
Carl
Brad wrote:
My therapist asked me to block that reason from memory banks on "why" I started this site. laugh.gif

If someone unloaded on me the way he did on you I'd want to block it out, also. Doubtful it would be successful.
Allan
Always wanted a 914. I grew up down the street from Vassek/Polak(Sp?) Porsche in the late '60's early '70's close to Rendondo Beach. I got involved with the "Club that does'nt exist" because I got lucky and "Googled" the esteemed 914 name. This place is sacred as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all the effort people put into keeping the 914 badge alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brer
I was asking around at the Vanagon conversion board about a subaru in a 914. They said, "find scott thatcher in a place called 914club."

what next?
neo914-6
I didn't switch from PP or Rennlist. I was on the Porschev flamewars bbs with Brad, Scott-Renegade, and others. It was the only bbs about conversions but was limited on photos. After the Porschev bbs was shut down, I found 914world.com. Best one so far! smilie_pokal.gif

Hey, dot com mean "company" confused24.gif guess that ecomm is late...
Brad Roberts
Felix,

when did they shut it down ? Porschev BBS ?

Do you want a V8 914 sub section here ??

B
Joe Bob
Most sites cover butt by registering the same name as well as .org, .net...etc.....not here.... wink.gif

.com is the most popular...just look at the keyboard function where you can type in 914club and do contol, enter and a .com address comes up.
Lyressa Roberts
Brad signed me up to take a look. Glad he did. Lots of interesting people.
Brad Roberts
Little more credit..Mikey.. I did .com for a living..

They are all registered. Doesnt mean we have them pointed here via DNS. wavey.gif

B
william harris
I was looking for parts, one phone call after another. Somebody at GPR gave me the phone number of a guy named Bowlsby way out in California (was looking for that damn snorkel) and after talking to Bowlsby, he said I had to call Brad Roberts and check out the 914club web site. Well, as they say, the rest is history. Been on the site every day since then and my 914 knowledge and interest just keeps getting stronger. beerchug.gif
Dion
I was buying a MOMO wheel from PP and looking for a fair price on steel flares. While looking at the bbs I saw a link for the club. I now check this place out at least once a day. It's amazing at some of the knowledge these members have. More than the factory knows:) I have learned a lot here. I have also met in person some really fine folk. beerchug.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 1 2005, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ May 1 2005, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ May 1 2005, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ May 1 2005, 06:11 AM)
I found "914World.com" written on a bathroom wall in a strip joint.  :evilgrin:

Paul

ohmy.gif Shoot, and I didn't think anyone would find that! lol2.gif

Lisa mueba.gif

Mrs K, was that you?
You looked FINE dancin' 'round that pole. wink.gif
I went to go get some singles, and you were gone. biggrin.gif

Cheap bastard....any gal here is worth fivers....except Miles....toss quarters...

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 1 2005, 06:51 PM)
Felix,

when did they shut it down ? Porschev BBS ?

Do you want a V8 914 sub section here ??

B

Remember the Yahoo site that the guy from WCV shut down? After that, Scott began his bbs and last year his login site (which has very little activity), Kyan continued with another on Yahoo but also has sparse activity. 914club started about that time. One bbs to multiple bbs/sites. Many of the V8 club members refer people to this club but the 911 and 944 guys are left out.

I don't really want a V8 section, I think the mix is good. Besides, my next project will be V6 powered. If most members didn't like the mix, a conversion area would be more appropriate but then we have "segregation". The question to ask is which threads attract you. What is "on topic" and what is not? If we're in a garage we could digress to many topics. If I checked every thread or responses to posts, I'd be on 24hrs a day. I have to filter them and search for topics of my interest.

What would be really cool is if you typed in a member's ID, a pull down would pop the name in as you typed the first few letters. I have a hell of a time remembering exactly how an ID was spelled.
IanStott
Within a day of purchasing my 914 "project" June 2004, I found the club, probably from a link in a part supplier website. I think this is a great club, and have learned a great deal from all the responses to questions, mine and other peoples. Whoever started the club THANK YOU, whoever runs the website, THANK YOU TOO!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
TROJANMAN
i used to mess around on the 914 dgi website every once and a while. when that got shut down, i started searching for an alternative.
merrill
After just entering 914 into google for a year I decided to add "club" beer.gif And this is the first place that popped up, Thank Goodness. I have been a 914 nut since I bought my first one in 86'. It's nice to know there are many more of me at differing levels of obsession wacko.gif
Cano
I first heard about this site via a thread on the Bird 914 board. Best click ever. smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 1 2005, 07:00 PM)
Little more credit..Mikey.. I did .com for a living..

They are all registered. Doesnt mean we have them pointed here via DNS. wavey.gif

B

Figured you did....does it cost money to redirect?
Flat VW
QUOTE (Dion @ May 1 2005, 10:08 PM)
I was buying a MOMO wheel from PP and looking for a fair price on steel flares.

HEY, we finally found someone who can spell FLARES .....

John w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.