Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how did you find the club?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
morph
one day i got a e mail and a phone call from marc hines. telling me that one of my parts was bieng talked about on "the club site".and so i joined and its been a great place to be ever since.i have learned alot from the postings here.the last motor i built was improved from the tech tips from members here ( jake,brad,and mark,d to name a few)and even more than that ,i have met some great people.and had alot of fun.
So how did you find this place?or did they find you? laugh.gif
this is where it all started for me.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...hl=speaker+pods
james
many thanks to the people who started all of this,and keep it going
JB 914
When i started my 6 week restoration about three cars and 3 1/2 years ago i heard about the club on the bird board. I went to check it out. Now i realize i'm way ahead of schedule laugh.gif and under budget lol2.gif lol2.gif
SirAndy
woke up one morning and went to check on my servers (like every morning) and there it was!

took me another 3 weeks to finally sign up, the rest is, as they say, history ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Pugbug
I bought a 914....Needed info and used Google. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Andy:AND NOW YOU ARE THE (none) CLUB.
laugh.gif Joe
P.S. I thank you very much. pray.gif
GWN7
I was tricked into coming here..... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
bernbomb914
I was working the bird board when I heard about the club in san francisco looked around and found several but they were dying then I found a new site and here I am. Thanks Brad

Bernie
redshift
I tried not to come here, because I was addicted to PP, then one day, I had it out with one of the off-topic retards, and I have only been back to say howdy there, when this board has crashed, because Andy ran out of US change..

smile.gif

M
markb
It was mentioned on Rennlist, andi checked it out. Still here. I just realied that SirAndy joined just before me. And now he "runs" the place. Wow.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Apr 30 2005, 10:03 PM)
I tried not to come here, because I was addicted to PP, then one day, I had it out with one of the off-topic retards, and I have only been back to say howdy there, when this board has crashed, because Andy ran out of US change..

smile.gif

M

Ummmm, what about that restraining order that Wayne swore out on you...forgot about THAT didn't ya.....

First RO ever issued to a fictional web person....
>>>>>>>>>>>

"I" was invited....the admins have regretted it ever since.... cool_shades.gif
mk114
I belong to Local chapter of Salt lake air coolers nad I thought I wonder is there any Porsche 914 clubs so I used google to find it

I have been drawn ever sense (made it my homepage (check it at least twice a day
type47fan
I stumbled onto the old 914club classifieds a couple of years ago while trying to get parts. Was sad when it went away. I liked the way it was organized by month.

This new and improved version of the club really makes it easy to cover a tremendous amount of subject matter in a few minutes. Great resources available for all levels of participation. It's amazing how fast and how fluid the site topics are. Keep up the good work everyone. . .stay friendly!
redshift
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 1 2005, 02:08 AM)
Ummmm, what about that restraining order that Wayne swore out on you...forgot about THAT didn't ya.....

First RO ever issued to a fictional web person....
>>>>>>>>>>>

"I" was invited....the admins have regretted it ever since.... cool_shades.gif

Oh please... never happened!

Wayne just sided with the inbreds, that's all.. I can't help it that Wayne lives in an ivory inbred tower, and controls the price of AA's flares from there..

tongue.gif

M
skline
I met Brad at some function somewhere and he mentioned it was going to be up and running. So I went and checked it out and been here since. I think someone else mentioned it to me also but I dont remember who it was.
Gustl
I've read a post at a german forum
a dutch girl wrote about a friend who attended a big 914 meeting in the USA and that there was a 914 prototype car - she even posted a pic and a link to the thread about it
well, I read the thread, thought that I could contribute something and joined the club ...
Brando
I had just bought my car and I often hung out in the PPAB 924/944/968 forum. Asked a question in the 914 forum there and someone said "Hey, this place is dead, go here -> 914world.com" and been here ever since.
sj914
I was looking into getting back into 914's again. After 9 years of being 914 less I found the PP forum and saw a link to this place. After reading through the posts, I found out that most of the ideas I had back in the early 90's were not so far fetched and were thought about by others here.
VegasRacer
One day I was looking at 914's for sale on eBay just for fun. In one photo there was a cool Texas 914 road sign in the background. I sent an e-mail to the seller and asked if he would consider selling the sign. He wrote back and said "no". He also included some photos of his large collection of 914 models, books, pillows, posters, etc, and told me about this club. Oh yeah. The guy on eBay who was selling the 914 was Craig Laughlin.
Qarl
Fortune Cookie!
Jeroen
I made some kind of pact with the devil headbang.gif
URY914
I found "914World.com" written on a bathroom wall in a strip joint. happy11.gif

Paul
ClayPerrine
I was a long time rennlister (still am) and I know a bunch of the characters here from there. Mr Purple car drug me here kicking and screaming..... biggrin.gif

Next thing you know, I am an admin..... Still havent' figured that one out! mueba.gif

CptTripps
I had a 76 914 a while back, and got some REAL bad advise from some people on an old Yahoo group. Bird-Board was always dead, but when I started looking to get another 914, I decided to do research...not that any NEW ones had been developed, but I was interested in a support system like the one I have for Saabs. (saabcentral.com)

Stumbled into this friggin place, and I'm STILL trying to find the door to get out of here...kinda like the Hotel California.

Oh yeah...Arguments over boobs help too. biggrin.gif
jd74914
One day about a year after I got my first 914, I was driving down the road and noticed this house that had a 914 racecar on a trailer, and when I looked more closely, another 914 in the garage. So, when I saw a guy outside that house, my Dad and I stopped by to talk (to this point I had only seen maybe 10 914s in person). The guy we met was Chris Folley (Racer Chris), and he recomended the club.
spare time toys
So there I was in at work in a dark musty hanger. I had just "won" an old race car project on EBAY. So I decided to surf the web to find info as to how to fix or work on this thing. I got a bunch of links and hits then about an hour into my serch I rang up this club thing hmmm wonder what this may be. I was like a deer in headlights I thought I could hear the angles singing.... It was some radio out in the shop probably AC/DC Highway to Hell laugh.gif I thought what a nice bunch of guys what a well of knowledge here I must join in. Then one day I am looking at last years WCC and wow this black car with a 928 engine in it is so cool. next thing Scott Kline has a 928 for sale and Im off to the coast to get it .......... Its all kind of a blurr after that blink.gif . But I am enjoying the ride and all the folks I have met from here are the nicest folks ever. beerchug.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (URY914 @ May 1 2005, 06:11 AM)
I found "914World.com" written on a bathroom wall in a strip joint.  :evilgrin:

Paul

ohmy.gif Shoot, and I didn't think anyone would find that! lol2.gif

Lisa mueba.gif
jim912928
When I purchased my car I did an internet search for 914 and stumbled upon this site....amen!
rhodyguy
i followed the bread crumbs.

k
72914S
I signed up on PP many years ago.Also signed up on renn list and another "914 club" with a monthly want ads,but it faded away.Then I FOUND THIS SITE! Hardly ever go anywhere else now (check here at least twice a day) Gotta love the sandbox.
736conver
Through the old monthly classifieds. I remember Craig(camp914) and that Sergio guy selling the turn signal kits.
Everytime Sergio posted his turn signal kit Craig would immediately post his kit for $10 cheaper. I always laughed when I saw it.
URY914
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ May 1 2005, 06:58 AM)

Paul

Lisa mueba.gif

Mrs K, was that you?
You looked FINE dancin' 'round that pole. wink.gif
I went to go get some singles, and you were gone. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
I was a regular on Pelican, but I needed an answer quick and wasn't getting it, so someone mentioned this site, for a quick answer... I was addicted ever since... All it took was a look at Mike Z's avatar, and I was hooked!
black73
I saw a twister coming so I ran in the house and a piece of the window hit me in the head and knocked me out. When I woke up, my house was on top of the guys that wrote the Haynes manual and everything was in color.
i love porsche
i was in the process of buying a porsche, and decided that i could afford a 914, before i even had one, i found roadglue.com and joined the list of members, and got to here through roadglue

good stuff

thanks scott carlberg!
Cap'n Krusty
One night I washed my tinfoil pyramid hat (and a very stylish one indeed, I might add), and forgot to put it on on my way out the door the next morning. The voices, which were just waiting for their big chance, told me to sign up., because you needed Krustyness in your sick, empty little lives ............. The Cap'n
Mrs. K
QUOTE (black73 @ May 1 2005, 10:01 AM)
I saw a twister coming so I ran in the house and a piece of the window hit me in the head and knocked me out. When I woke up, my house was on top of the guys that wrote the Haynes manual and everything was in color.

laugh.gif And I bet you weren't in Kansas anymore either! lol2.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Andyrew
Twas mentioned on pp... Right when it started.. Lots of people went over.

As did I.
StratPlayer
I remember it was Christmas eve, and I use to get info on my car for the the other 914.com site that seemed to be longer active, and I was searching for a site about 914's and stumbled on the 914world.com site, it was only 3 days old when I became a member. I remember asking one of my first questions about installing a gauge pod on the drivers pillar. Brad replied thinking that maybe it could be done, and installing a smaller steering wheel. This site has come a long ways. I hope it stays around for a long long time.
Eric Taylor
I saw it on the bird board. For a while I did both but quickly I saw how lame the bird board was and how awesome this one was. So now i'm here spending WAY to much time reading posts.
Eric
Joe Bob
QUOTE (URY914 @ May 1 2005, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ May 1 2005, 06:58 AM)

Paul

Lisa mueba.gif

Mrs K, was that you?
You looked FINE dancin' 'round that pole. wink.gif
I went to go get some singles, and you were gone. biggrin.gif

Cheap bastard....any gal here is worth fivers....except Miles....toss quarters...
Series9
I got tired of being the only 914 guy I know and building the RS by myself.

Google did the rest.
messix
while at work i noticed an orange 914 with a pair of legs sticking out from under the rearend. walked up to see what this porsche was had eaten and was getting rid of. well it ended up being root-werx doing another 6 conversion. and as i have been looking to find a new driver and knowing to much about the 914s i asked if i could pick his brain little. found him to be very knowledgable and answered my novice questions with patiece. he told me about this site for info and also camp 914 for a possible place to find my new car.
Brad Roberts
Mid Nov. 2002 I was tired of the "other sites" I knew that the BBS software PP used was free.. so I downloaded a copy and installed it on my home server. I tested it with a few close friends.. it worked fine. I registered the domain names back several years ago and was trying to work with some others on building a site. It didnt pan out so I went out on my own. I knew I needed graphics people (Jeroen) and I knew I needed someone who knew "code" (Andy) Once the site was up and running.. people bailed from the other sites faster than people bailed from the sinking Titanic. laugh.gif

Here we are.

Lots planned for the future. Hang on for the ride.

B
Mike9142.0
I was geting tired of the email thing. Started looking around to see what was out there and found this place. Thank you Brad smilie_pokal.gif
Flat VW
Someone would probably be pleased to know that I had "Googled" (914) and got a hit for here ...

I love when things are named what they are ... 914 Club (and VIN mining). cool_shades.gif

John
Brad Roberts
Dont thank me.. It is the people who make this site. I just gave everyone a place to hang out.

B
Trekkor
I was in a local Bug Shop looking for a set of Riv's for my second 914 after several years without one.

The guy hooked me up with McMark ( of burger fame ).

I passed on his Riv's, but he gave me a note with "914world.com" on it.

KT
Flat VW
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 1 2005, 04:32 PM)
Dont thank me.. It is the people who make this site. I just gave everyone a place to hang out.

B

So Brad,

Andy, then donates the "bandwidth"?

John
Brent
I showed up to the Parts Heaven Swap, and found the WCC 04 in action. I was floored by the cars and the people. Got to see number 4 and the Alien. I was in lurker mode for a while then finally decided to participate months later even though my two cars are on stands, with lack of funds and space.

Now I check the site about three times daily. When I was laid up in the hospital from Abdominal surgery for a week, the first site I visited when able to sit at the computer for 15 minutes was the club. No checking email, no checking for job interviews... but needed to get "back in touch".
-B
Brad Roberts
Andy, then donates the "bandwidth"?

The whole thing runs on Andy's servers and bandwidth (for now) We are currently looking to upgrade things in the very near future. This box was one of Andy's test boxes. It has several other "free" sites running on it. He has a business that runs on another server that pays for the bandwith in the same cage space.

I used to run sites hanging off of customers servers all the time.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.