Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel sender ohm range
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vin man
Can someone tell me the ohm range for the original fuel sending unit in my 72 914? I'm ordering new, aftermarket gauges and want to use my original sender.

Thanks.
914Sixer
90 ohms
vin man
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 3 2017, 12:29 PM) *

90 ohms

Thanks for answering my question. That is a range. smile.gif

I should have asked, "What is the ohm reading on Empty and the ohm reading on Full?"

The gauges are usually set up for a big to small reading or small to big reading. (empty to full)
Dave_Darling
The 914 sender is backwards. It's 90 ohms empty, and something like 10 full.

--DD
vin man
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 3 2017, 03:50 PM) *

The 914 sender is backwards. It's 90 ohms empty, and something like 10 full.

--DD

Thanks Dave. I ordered the wrong gauge. I ordered zero empty and 90 full. Will try and change it.

I ordered the Auto Meter 3314 ATM 3314

The only thing close to what Dave is stating is the one that goes from 73 ohms empty to 10 ohms full. Is that the one I need? ATM 3315
turnaround89
It's more expensive but you could buy the atm 3310.

atm 3310

The gauge is programmable to any ohm range. I used one of these on my first car and now am using a speedhut adjustable fuel gauge. They are easy to program.
vin man
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Feb 3 2017, 04:46 PM) *

It's more expensive but you could buy the atm 3310.

atm 3310

The gauge is programmable to any ohm range. I used one of these on my first car and now am using a speedhut adjustable fuel gauge. They are easy to program.

That would have been a good option too. I called Summit and switched it to the 3315.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.