Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 Ravenna Green is here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
iankarr
that's the plan. assuming i don't have to travel for work...
steuspeed
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Feb 20 2017, 10:00 AM) *

And my wife thought it was quite humerous that your's required RG; I offered to show her the thread as proof... I think she's finally warming to the idea.

It's a great color. The added visibility is always a good thing driving with giant SUV's around. I have an ANSA type exhaust on mine. It has just enough loudness to let people know I'm coming around the corner. I intended to change it, but ended up keeping it. Great looking car! If you get the fog lights, add the Jwest plug and play light switch upgrade. Lets you flash the fogs, or run the fogs without the pop-ups. Great for flashing fellow classics or just running fogs before sunset.

driving.gif
Larmo63
By the looks of that picture, you're really driving that thing into the ground.
billh1963
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 21 2017, 03:23 PM) *

Great seeing all the price guesses. The answer coming soon....

Click to view attachment

bdstone914
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 19 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Is that an early style rear bumper? Or did some 74s come with those?

That bumper appears to be an early bumper that had the holes drilled for bumperettes.
If you do back date that bumper is very desireable for an early 6.

Very nice car.
bdstone914

https://pix.sfly.com/cEddbQ
[/quote]

Is the engine thermostat missing ? One of the pics shows two bare studs in the block that looks like where the thermostat mounts. Is that some kind of condenser mounted on the fan shroud ?

gspreeman
I'm actually feeling pretty good with this thread. I just paid $6,875 for a 1975 1.8 with 99K miles and, it looks like it's been relatively well maintained. A few electrical gremlins but nothing huge. Plus, the engine purrs like a kitten. Not sure what was has been done to the engine but, she runs well.
DrinkMan
I'm estimating 22k. That seems to be a good price to pay. wink.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 30 2017, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 19 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Is that an early style rear bumper? Or did some 74s come with those?

That bumper appears to be an early bumper that had the holes drilled for bumperettes.
If you do back date that bumper is very desireable for an early 6.

Very nice car.

I have a proper black '74 bumper if you want to trade.
mepstein
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Mar 30 2017, 10:03 AM' post='2469953']
https://pix.sfly.com/cEddbQ
[/quote]

Is the engine thermostat missing ? One of the pics shows two bare studs in the block that looks like where the thermostat mounts. Is that some kind of condenser mounted on the fan shroud ?
[/quote]
If it is missing, I'm pretty sure I have at least a bracket and maybe the pulley and bolt. $n/c.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(DrinkMan @ Apr 7 2017, 10:54 AM) *

I'm estimating 22k. That seems to be a good price to pay. wink.gif

Click to view attachment
iankarr
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 30 2017, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 21 2017, 03:23 PM) *

Great seeing all the price guesses. The answer coming soon....

Click to view attachment

Sorry guys...didn't see that this thread was revived. Love the Caddyshack reference!

The deal had several components, but totaling everything up, it was 23K all in.

The good: surprisingly original and low miles. Possibly a 29K mile car as the odo shows. Def not a 129K car. There are still factory markings in a bunch of places. DPD A/C works and has been converted to R134. Drives great and has lots of power. Recent paint.

The not-so-good: it seems the engine has been converted to hydraulic lifters. It's smooth and powerful, but I can't help thinking about the wear going on in there. Dizzy needed rebuild. Original fuel pump leaks and lines need to be replaced. The car was apparently in storage for a while. A layer of dustiness / mustiness covers everything except the paint. New upholstery and carpets needed. No records whatsoever, but I plan on contacting the previous owners. Mismatched rear bumper. Brakes need some work.

All in all, it's not nearly as sorted as the '73 I sold to make room for it, but the originality and L65K color make the price fair IMHO.

Thanks again to the World for helping to make this happen! To continue the Caddyshack theme.... I got that going for me, which is nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.