Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB fuel tank sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fixer34
Since my sensor seems to indicate I have a 'bottomless' 1/4 fuel level, I need a replacement. Checked the resistance values and it's definitely not correct.
Would prefer the part number above, a late '69 or early '70 date code would be nice so it matches the car. (early '70 -6)
boxstr
I can check later today at CAMP 914 to see if I have that part number available.
Craig at CAMP
boxstr
Checked my supply and did not find the one you want, sorry.
Craig a CAMP
bdstone914

I have one with a 6/70 date code. I may have more/ You can also swap the top ring from yours which is where the date code is stamped to a replacement unit.
$75 plus shipping from 92505 CA

Bruce
euro911
Just an FYI, they can be disassembled and cleaned up. The float might be stuck on some crud.
fixer34
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 20 2017, 08:59 PM) *

Just an FYI, they can be disassembled and cleaned up. The float might be stuck on some crud.

Float seems to be moving fine. I tip it upside down, can hear the float 'bounce' against the top and the gauge shows 4/4 Full. Turn it right side up, float 'bounces' off the bottom. Warning light comes on, but gauge shows 1/4. Resistance check gives 67 ohms when 'empty', should be around 90 I understand. So I'm guessing it is something with the internal resistive wire.

Probably just spend the $85 to get a replacement. It's worth that to not have to call the wife to bring me the gas can again...
Beebo Kanelle
soak it in vinegar
right side up for 2 hours / upside down for 2 hours -
dissolves the crud
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.