Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedo angle drive is loose.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellow75
Leaking and will turn back and forth. Cure?
tygaboy
I had the exact same issue. I got a replacement from Dr. Evil.
yellow75
Dr. Evil? Link?
Mark Henry
It happens and there is no fix, if working and not leaking it won't hurt anything.
Leaking the odd drip only hurts the floor. shades.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(yellow75 @ Feb 23 2017, 03:03 PM) *

Dr. Evil? Link?

His user name here is: Dr Evil
Here's a thread he started. PM him and see if he can help. He's the overall transmaster...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=188120&hl=
yellow75
oh it's leaking alright..thanks for the link..
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 23 2017, 03:48 PM) *

It happens and there is no fix, if working and not leaking it won't hurt anything.

A leaking angle drive can leak into the cable sheath, and the cable can actually push the fluid up into the cockpit. I had a few pairs of pants with odd dark spots near the right knee; I finally found that there was gear oil leaking from where the speedo cable hooked up to the gauge!!

--DD
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 23 2017, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 23 2017, 03:48 PM) *

A leaking angle drive can leak into the cable sheath, and the cable can actually push the fluid up into the cockpit. I had a few pairs of pants with odd dark spots near the right knee; I finally found that there was gear oil leaking from where the speedo cable hooked up to the gauge!!

--DD

it just loves you... wub.gif
iankarr
914 kisses
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.