Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet won't fit.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug
I've just installed a carpet kit from Pelican..The piece on the floor of the passenger side doesn't fit. Appears to be about 6"" short.
I contacted Pelican, and was told that it was correct, and that there is supposed to be a peice of hard moulded foam that takes up that space. I'm not sure if the foam is part of the kit , or is part of the car.
Not a big deal, but I would like it correct. Pic below.

iamchappy
your missing the passenger foam block foot rest
MoveQik
You are missing the foot rest. It is a molded piece of foam that goes behind the carpet on the passenger side. I took the footrest out of mine as well to make for more leg room. As a result, I am trying to find a kit that will fit sans the footrest. So far....no luck. Chances are I will have to have a local shop do all the carpeting.

Good luck and let me know if you find a kit that will fit without the footrest installed.
JmuRiz
Yep you need the foam thing.
Anyone know where he can get one? I always thought it'd be cool to do a matching alumn one to go with my engman alumn pedal board w/ the holes in it smilie_pokal.gif
Kindda like this 911:
user posted image
Mueller
Anyone know where he can get one?

just place an WTB ad in the classifieds...should be pretty cheap...I threw one away a few weeks ago....not a huge demand for them.....

you can also do a search for speaker enclosures here if you want to kill 2 birds with one stone biggrin.gif
morph
I think that we have an extra 72-76 footrest $15 plus shipping, they are a common part, you can find them cheap. Someone local to you might have one.

HIEDI
Pugbug
Well I would delete the other post .....If I knew how.. confused24.gif

Deleted....thanks
Pugbug
Thanks for the replys guys.....That clears things up. If I can't find the foam piece I'll make something up no problem.
morph
Footrest foam 72-76, Below is what you are looking for
morph
sorry forgot to add pic
morph
foam 70-71, they are all interchangable, but that will determine what year of carpet kit you need
xsboost90
i have one from a 76, im putting the early carpet in my car. $15+ shipping if you want it, xsboost90@yahoo.com
MoveQik
If you use a carpet kit for an earlier car will it fit a later car without the footrest? That would be fantastic.
SLITS
I thought the "rare" foamy thingy only came in the '75 - '76 cars with an EGR counter and two piece speedo cable....

Just get an early carpet kit.........
mskala
Know where pretty much the only rust-through on my reasonable
formerly-mid-western car is? Bunch of pinholes under the dang
ar15.gif foam!

Be sure that area doesn't get wet or get POR-15.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 4 2005, 03:28 PM)
If you use a carpet kit for an earlier car will it fit a later car without the footrest?

I believe that the early cars still had the foam piece in the footwell. They had an extra moveable (and removable) footrest that was intended to make up for the non-movable passenger's seat. But I believe they still had the hard foam thing in the front corner of the passenger footwell.

--DD
MoveQik
Damn! I knew that would have been too easy.
SLITS
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ May 4 2005, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 4 2005, 03:28 PM)
If you use a carpet kit for an earlier car will it fit a later car without the footrest?

I believe that the early cars still had the foam piece in the footwell. They had an extra moveable (and removable) footrest that was intended to make up for the non-movable passenger's seat. But I believe they still had the hard foam thing in the front corner of the passenger footwell.

--DD

Damnit Dave...now I gonna go tear apart my two '73s and two '74s and one '70 just to see. mad.gif biggrin.gif
Pugbug
My car is a 75. Is it supposed to have the footrest?
Pelican e-mailed me today. Apparently I glued the piece that was supposed to cover the footrest to the firewall. It fit there perfectly.
No big deal I have enough of the same carpet to make a piece to fill the gap.
The engine and tranny are going in tomorrow and if all goes well, and I'll be cruising by the weekend. boldblue.gif
Dave_Darling
Your 75 should have the foam thing that we've been talking about. The footrest is a separate piece, and was only used on 70-71 cars. Not on 75s.

--DD
RoadGlue
I just welded in the inner long chasis stiffening kit, and I DID have to remove the footwell foam from my '71 914. So yup, the early cars have foam too.
McMark
They all gots foam, and there are three styles. Small ones, big ones, and ones with EGR cutouts.
xsboost90
really! i bought a new style carpet kit from a company and i believe when i test fit it w/o the foam that it fit fine, i just figured i got an early kit so i will leave it out. W/ the foam it didnt fit right.
tat2dphreak
damn, I looked last night to see if I had an extra for you... I don't even have the one I will need when I start my morph. carpet install... sorry, man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.