Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB. [Don't Laugh] - missing three pieces of NOS carpet #701
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
We have been collecting an NOS carpet set for our rotisserie restored 73 Delphi Green 2.0/4 and are missing a few pieces. That said, although we have found the major pieces, we are still looking for the following NOS (or close) carpet pieces: 2 front under dash, 1 behind passenger seat, and 1 passenger long.

Please shoot me a pm if you can help and please note we may have desirable parts to trade...if that helps smile.gif

Thanks!

I believe these are "salt and pepper"...
bdstone914
av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

I couldn't resist.
Mike Fitton
Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source and you will need to sweet talk him.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 10 2017, 03:11 PM) *

Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source.

agree.gif

I just got a dark tan #503 drivers floor piece from him for my 73 2L, which I could never find in the 70's, so I had Coco mats over charcoal.

However, "I think it's salt & pepper" won't cut it in finding the proper NOS pieces. Some of yours may have Porsche tags/stickers with part nos. - so the last 3 digigts after the part no. will be the carpet color code (e.g.: / 503 for mine).

You really need to do your research though first & get the exact color which was originally on there, then use the 914 PET parts manual (download pdf FREE at Porsche website, Classic section) - so you get the exact part numbers.

Go the Jeff Bowlsby's website below for your MY colors, cuz they changed over the MYs....

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm < look at 72 & 74 on this one

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Manuals.htm < scroll down 1/2-way to 1973 Colors here

If you have a COA, then it will give you the interior code #.

Then I suggest that you call or email Gearge Hussey directly with what you need. He has some on evil-bay right now under their "Lionel @ Auto Atlanta" seller there, but they have more up in the "attic"!

As Mike said above, your wallet will bee substantially thinner afterwards!! blink.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
boxstr
I just unearthed a box yesterday in the corner of the shop that is full of original carpet sections. Not NOS but original, it may be of use to you, I'll take some pics. Send me your email and I'll send them later today.
Craig at CAMP
Jett
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 10 2017, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 10 2017, 03:11 PM) *

Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source.

agree.gif

I just got a dark tan #503 drivers floor piece from him for my 73 2L, which I could never find in the 70's, so I had Coco mats over charcoal.

However, "I think it's salt & pepper" won't cut it in finding the proper NOS pieces. Some of yours may have Porsche tags/stickers with part nos. - so the last 3 digigts after the part no. will be the carpet color code (e.g.: / 503 for mine).

You really need to do your research though first & get the exact color which was originally on there, then use the 914 PET parts manual (download pdf FREE at Porsche website, Classic section) - so you get the exact part numbers.

Go the Jeff Bowlsby's website below for your MY colors, cuz they changed over the MYs....

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm < look at 72 & 74 on this one

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Manuals.htm < scroll down 1/2-way to 1973 Colors here

If you have a COA, then it will give you the interior code #.

Then I suggest that you call or email Gearge Hussey directly with what you need. He has some on evil-bay right now under their "Lionel @ Auto Atlanta" seller there, but they have more up in the "attic"!

As Mike said above, your wallet will bee substantially thinner afterwards!! blink.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, the set code is #701. I'll add the part numbers shortly.

smile.gif I'll prepare for the call to George smile.gif

Jett
Thanks Craig.

Btw. Eric sent us the brake parts smile.gif. Cheers

QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 10 2017, 04:23 PM) *

I just unearthed a box yesterday in the corner of the shop that is full of original carpet sections. Not NOS but original, it may be of use to you, I'll take some pics. Send me your email and I'll send them later today.
Craig at CAMP

PlaysWithCars
I have some that I picked up over the years and squirreled away for that rotisserie project that's never going to happen. The two flat ones are original, not NOS, but great original condition. The third formed one has a smooth backing on it that makes me think it could be aftermarket.

The formed one is for the driver's side to fit around the parking brake mechanism but I'm not sure why there's a profile difference between the two flat ones. Anyone know what years these fit?

I see that you're in the Seattle area. I live in the south end in Maple Valley and work in Kirkland. If you're near either of those areas we could meet up and you can take a look a them. PM me if you're interested.

Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 09:02 PM) *

I have some that I picked up over the years and squirreled away for that rotisserie project that's never going to happen. The two flat ones are original, not NOS, but great original condition. The third formed one has a smooth backing on it that makes me think it could be aftermarket.

The formed one is for the driver's side to fit around the parking brake mechanism but I'm not sure why there's a profile difference between the two flat ones. Anyone know what years these fit?

I see that you're in the Seattle area. I live in the south end in Maple Valley and work in Kirkland. If you're near either of those areas we could meet up and you can take a look a them. PM me if you're interested.

Click to view attachment

Flat ones are different because one is right side and one is left side.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 10:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

PM sent.
Jett
Sounds great and thanks. I live very close to Kirkland and could meet up at your convenience.

I'll pm

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 09:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jett
Update: Mark was kind enough to sell me the rear passenger piece, leaving only the left long and two front most pieces.

Any help completing this set would be much appreciated smile.gif!!

Thanks
Jett
...bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.