Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB. [Don't Laugh] - missing three pieces of NOS carpet #701, Restoring 73 2.0/4 Appearance - looking for salt&Pepper
Jett
post Mar 10 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We have been collecting an NOS carpet set for our rotisserie restored 73 Delphi Green 2.0/4 and are missing a few pieces. That said, although we have found the major pieces, we are still looking for the following NOS (or close) carpet pieces: 2 front under dash, 1 behind passenger seat, and 1 passenger long.

Please shoot me a pm if you can help and please note we may have desirable parts to trade...if that helps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks!

I believe these are "salt and pepper"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 10 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I couldn't resist.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Mar 10 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source and you will need to sweet talk him.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 10 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 10 2017, 03:11 PM) *

Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I just got a dark tan #503 drivers floor piece from him for my 73 2L, which I could never find in the 70's, so I had Coco mats over charcoal.

However, "I think it's salt & pepper" won't cut it in finding the proper NOS pieces. Some of yours may have Porsche tags/stickers with part nos. - so the last 3 digigts after the part no. will be the carpet color code (e.g.: / 503 for mine).

You really need to do your research though first & get the exact color which was originally on there, then use the 914 PET parts manual (download pdf FREE at Porsche website, Classic section) - so you get the exact part numbers.

Go the Jeff Bowlsby's website below for your MY colors, cuz they changed over the MYs....

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm < look at 72 & 74 on this one

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Manuals.htm < scroll down 1/2-way to 1973 Colors here

If you have a COA, then it will give you the interior code #.

Then I suggest that you call or email Gearge Hussey directly with what you need. He has some on evil-bay right now under their "Lionel @ Auto Atlanta" seller there, but they have more up in the "attic"!

As Mike said above, your wallet will bee substantially thinner afterwards!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Mar 10 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #5

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

I just unearthed a box yesterday in the corner of the shop that is full of original carpet sections. Not NOS but original, it may be of use to you, I'll take some pics. Send me your email and I'll send them later today.
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 10 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 10 2017, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 10 2017, 03:11 PM) *

Call George at Auto Atlanta don't talk to anyone but George he has them, expect to pay stupid money for them. He will be your only source.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I just got a dark tan #503 drivers floor piece from him for my 73 2L, which I could never find in the 70's, so I had Coco mats over charcoal.

However, "I think it's salt & pepper" won't cut it in finding the proper NOS pieces. Some of yours may have Porsche tags/stickers with part nos. - so the last 3 digigts after the part no. will be the carpet color code (e.g.: / 503 for mine).

You really need to do your research though first & get the exact color which was originally on there, then use the 914 PET parts manual (download pdf FREE at Porsche website, Classic section) - so you get the exact part numbers.

Go the Jeff Bowlsby's website below for your MY colors, cuz they changed over the MYs....

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm < look at 72 & 74 on this one

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Manuals.htm < scroll down 1/2-way to 1973 Colors here

If you have a COA, then it will give you the interior code #.

Then I suggest that you call or email Gearge Hussey directly with what you need. He has some on evil-bay right now under their "Lionel @ Auto Atlanta" seller there, but they have more up in the "attic"!

As Mike said above, your wallet will bee substantially thinner afterwards!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, the set code is #701. I'll add the part numbers shortly.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll prepare for the call to George (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 10 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Thanks Craig.

Btw. Eric sent us the brake parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). Cheers

QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 10 2017, 04:23 PM) *

I just unearthed a box yesterday in the corner of the shop that is full of original carpet sections. Not NOS but original, it may be of use to you, I'll take some pics. Send me your email and I'll send them later today.
Craig at CAMP

+Quote Post
PlaysWithCars
post Mar 15 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,323

I have some that I picked up over the years and squirreled away for that rotisserie project that's never going to happen. The two flat ones are original, not NOS, but great original condition. The third formed one has a smooth backing on it that makes me think it could be aftermarket.

The formed one is for the driver's side to fit around the parking brake mechanism but I'm not sure why there's a profile difference between the two flat ones. Anyone know what years these fit?

I see that you're in the Seattle area. I live in the south end in Maple Valley and work in Kirkland. If you're near either of those areas we could meet up and you can take a look a them. PM me if you're interested.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Mar 16 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 09:02 PM) *

I have some that I picked up over the years and squirreled away for that rotisserie project that's never going to happen. The two flat ones are original, not NOS, but great original condition. The third formed one has a smooth backing on it that makes me think it could be aftermarket.

The formed one is for the driver's side to fit around the parking brake mechanism but I'm not sure why there's a profile difference between the two flat ones. Anyone know what years these fit?

I see that you're in the Seattle area. I live in the south end in Maple Valley and work in Kirkland. If you're near either of those areas we could meet up and you can take a look a them. PM me if you're interested.

Attached Image

Flat ones are different because one is right side and one is left side.
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Mar 16 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 11,134

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 10:02 PM) *

Attached Image

PM sent.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 16 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #11

Sounds great and thanks. I live very close to Kirkland and could meet up at your convenience.

I'll pm

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 15 2017, 09:02 PM) *

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 29 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Update: Mark was kind enough to sell me the rear passenger piece, leaving only the left long and two front most pieces.

Any help completing this set would be much appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)!!

Thanks
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 30 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #13

...bump
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:55 PM