Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Points are so pissing me off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joe Bob
Blow the unit....Geeez, SLITs this is a family list.... dry.gif
bd1308
i'll let you know....next wednesday i get it...actually on the road the 914 woudlnt start, no spark, so i took the points out to look at them, and noticed they were fried...used them anyway, and lost the screw....i had to borrow another screw.....
SLITS
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 5 2005, 09:53 AM)
Blow the unit....Geeez, SLITs this is a family list.... dry.gif

Dysfunctional at best! wacko.gif
redshift
5 seconds!

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 5 2005, 09:51 AM)
Just recieved a phone call tip from "Miles the Geek". The line in Savanah is that Britt will blow the Petronix unit before he gets it outta the box.....10 : 1 lol2.gif

thats a safe bet laugh.gif

2 wires... dont screw up ohmy.gif
Joe Ricard
Thems good odds Knowing Britt. Form his short member ship here he has been screwing shit up faster than anyone can keep up helping him fix it.

I'll give 20:1 odds it don't last if you put Petronics on a bad Dizzy.
As far as mixture.... ever hear of pulling the plugs and interpreting what they tel you?
or get lazy like me and get a air/fuel ratio meter. all kinds out here. I have a CB Narrow band. Which is good enough to let me know I'm in the ball park.
Rand
Britt, points should not burn this easily. You have a faulty component, have things hooked up incorrectly, or are using the wrong techniques to set the dwell/timing. Watch out or your problems may carry over and burn out whatever optical/magnetic ignition you install.

I'd have to agree jkeyzer on this (and Brad's point about mixture). Something's fishy with your system because you should not be having so much trouble with your points. You're making a fine move going to Pertronix, but you may not be solving the real problem.
McMark
Have you checked you tranny ground strap Britt? If it's old, buy a new one. Also, check the ground connection between the battery and the body.
MattR
Britt, you should probably get two kits. You know, there are only 2 combinations for the wires... and if ron's predictions are right, you're already out one set biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ May 5 2005, 12:42 PM)
Britt, you should probably get two kits. You know, there are only 2 combinations for the wires... and if ron's predictions are right, you're already out one set biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
bd1308
it's coming next wednesday....can't blow it up while its still in the warehouse....i'm outta here till then....i need a break SO bad.
mike_the_man
Look what you guys did! You drove Brit away. You guys are really riding his ass, and he hasn't even blown his first unit yet! What were we talking about again? ohmy.gif

Rouser
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ May 5 2005, 04:25 PM)
What were we talking about again?

I don't know; somethin' about blowin' somebody's unit ... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.