Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake fluid leak question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
summerfun72
I don't have any experience working on brake lines. I found where it leaks and was hoping to be able to just tighten it up and be good to go. Otherwise I'll take it to the shop to be done because I have no experience bleeding lines. The question is what kind of fitting is this? There doesn't appear to be anything except a rubber grommet. What type of fitting is this and how do you tighten it. Click to view attachment
mepstein
It's a rubber grommet with a separate steel washer under it. That's all. The line "pops" in. It can be difficult. I would get 2 new ones from your local Porsche dealer or order from pmbperformance.
MartyYeoman
Follow this link...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...aster++cylinder
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 17 2017, 04:39 PM) *

It's a rubber grommet with a separate steel washer under it. That's all. The line "pops" in. It can be difficult. I would get 2 new ones from your local Porsche dealer or order from pmbperformance.

The key here is to make sure you install the washers before the grommets. Some have omitted these and regretted it.
summerfun72
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Mar 17 2017, 05:06 PM) *

Okay. But how do you remove the lines if they just "snap" in? The discussion link only talks about instal not removal. Do you just give them a good yank or is there a release tool?
MartyYeoman
No special tools are necessary. Hand manipulation works just fine. Good luck with your repair.
Marty
yellow75
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 17 2017, 07:03 PM) *

The key here is to make sure you install the washers before the grommets. Some have omitted these and regretted it.

what is the regret? My new MC did not have them. I did not move them. What disaster is in my future?
mepstein
QUOTE(yellow75 @ Mar 18 2017, 08:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 17 2017, 07:03 PM) *

what is the regret? My new MC did not have them. I did not move them. What disaster is in my future?

You need to move them over from your old MC or buy new. But you do need them. Otherwise the fit is too loose and the line will leak.
yellow75
Dammit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.