Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body Refurb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
I've got a somewhat sticky throttle. Has anyone followed the throttle body R&R as described in this thread by r3dplanet? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=206017? Any comments / lessons learned, or is there a better approach documented somewhere?

Looks pretty straightforward, but I want to see if anyone's given it a go before I start drilling into the throttle body.
jim_hoyland
That is a great write up; I sent my TB to Phil in New Mexico and had it restored
Maltese Falcon
Russ Collins over at RC engineering here in the South Bay, Ca. did our 2.0 TB and is doing another one for a member here . He can also bore these out also biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
RC the fuel injector guy Marty?
Gint
icon_bump.gif

Any new sources of TB reconditioning refurbishment expertise or service? I've become more a write a check guy than an actual mechanic. I don't have the proper equipment and I really do't want to take a drill to this sticky throttle body I need to use for my carb to FI conversion.
brant
The guy in New Mexico did mine

Quick turn around
Excellent work
High quality
He improves on the factory stop which causes wear over time
I was very pleased
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 19 2017, 04:42 PM) *

RC the fuel injector guy Marty?

Yes, that's Russ' business @ConeDodger...but new (excellent) owners. After over 10 years of T/B use it got sticky and whistled sad.gif
I had a mechanic Smoke Check the unit, then sent it over to RC. They repaired the problem (shaft seals), and wouldn't take a dime from me.
Said it was warranty.
That's way beyond customer service perks !
Marty
nihil44
Phil Eslin at Albuquerque New Mexico is the go to guy. He has refurbished 2 TB’s for me and the car drives so smoothly. Phil has done hundreds of them. Top quality work.

Phil is a member here @Whip618
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.