Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 20 Project Cars & Stockpile of Parts (Once in a Lifetime 914 Only Estate Sale in So Cal!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
Chris914n6
How does a "CA REG 135 Bill of Sale" become a legal clean title, particularly for us out-of-state hopefuls confused24.gif
87m491
Why would you ask or rely on an out of state seller on how to properly register a car in your home state? Assuming you already own a car you've already had local DMV interactions, I'd start there as they will be the final arbiter anyway.

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 23 2017, 03:52 PM) *

How does a "CA REG 135 Bill of Sale" become a legal clean title, particularly for us out-of-state hopefuls confused24.gif
SchantzMD
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 23 2017, 04:52 PM) *

It's going to vary from state to state so as another poster mentioned it's best to check with your local state DMV and abide by what they say.

For what it's worth I have registered more than a dozen no paperwork Bill of Sale cars in CA and from past encounters I've experienced 3 scenarios. To be honest it's not difficult, but it can be annoying.

A) Walk in with a Bill of Sale and the vehicle, they VIN verify the vehicle, look over the historical paperwork I have, give me more paperwork to fill out, I cut them a check for fees and registration and I'm on my way with the car registered in my name and the Title on the way (I've also had AAA and mobile VIN inspectors VIN check the vehicle for me, AAA is free but the mobile guys charge).

B) Walk in with a Bill of Sale and the vehicle, they say I'm missing signature XX on Form YY and that I have to obtain it, I get the form and missing signature and come back and do scenario A.

C) Walk in with a Bill of Sale and the vehicle, they say I have to track down some past owner from 20-30 years ago, I pay a few dollar fee for an owner/address history search, mail off a storage/mechanics lien letter with proof of receipt to each prior registered owner telling them that if they have any interest in the car it will cost them XX much and that they have to send a response to DMV within 30 days. The letters either come back to me as undeliverable or the old owner never responds because they remember selling the car. I go back to DMV after the 30 day wait period and do scenario A.

Hope this helps,
Mike
DennisO
Mike,

CA has some stiff penalties if the vehicle is still in the DMV system and has not been Non Op'd. Do you know if these vehicles have fallen out of the CA DMV system?

Thanks,
Dennis
Chris914n6
I once bought a 914 with only a bill of sale. The process back then was:

1. Mail a certified letter to each of the surrounding 5 states requesting title/owner/theft info.
2. Wait for them to respond.
3. Wait longer for them to respond.
4. Get stuck in DMV limbo.
5. Give up, make it a race car.

Couldn't find an answer on the dmvnv.com website for BoS only transfers. Don't have 3 hours to ask the question in person.

If it was a Nevada car the process is the owner/seller requests a duplicate title which is then signed over, or seller & buyer go to the DMV together and do the transfer there. No title = no new owner.

QUOTE(87m491 @ Sep 24 2017, 03:55 AM) *

Why would you ask or rely on an out of state seller on how to properly register a car in your home state? Assuming you already own a car you've already had local DMV interactions, I'd start there as they will be the final arbiter anyway.

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 23 2017, 03:52 PM) *

SchantzMD
QUOTE(DennisO @ Sep 24 2017, 11:58 AM) *

Mike,

CA has some stiff penalties if the vehicle is still in the DMV system and has not been Non Op'd. Do you know if these vehicles have fallen out of the CA DMV system?

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

To be honest I have no idea, but my guess is that most if not all are out of the system. From the paperwork I have most of these cars were last registered in the early 90s or early 2000's. I'm still working on trying to match plate #s with cars to see if I can get the fee info.

I've included the VINs along with the results for a theft and total loss check for each car on the website to ensure everything is legit. As with everything in life I recommend that anyone looking to buy and register in CA confirm the fees for themselves.
Chris914n6
Couple questions that popped into my mind worth knowing.

1. Are the 5 lug cars redrilled stock hubs or 911 susp swaps?
2. Real fuchs?
3. Which cars still have their swaybars? They are worth a few hundred these days so it would make the cars worth a bit more.
4. How did you end up with all these partially stripped cars?

Thanks
Fatboy007
Oct 21. For sure ? Ill be there piratenanner.gif
Highland
Just curious if anything is going to be added to the "Parts for Sale" section of 914auction.com.

Will there be body parts and panels for sale?
SchantzMD
QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Sep 26 2017, 09:16 PM) *

Oct 21. For sure ? Ill be there piratenanner.gif

The date is set, so 100% yes!

Best of luck, p.s. part listings are being uploaded.

http://914auction.com/
SchantzMD
QUOTE(Highland @ Sep 27 2017, 07:30 AM) *

Just curious if anything is going to be added to the "Parts for Sale" section of 914auction.com.

Still uploading parts & details but most are up now, feel free to take a look.

pete000
This is going to be good !
Chris914n6
Need to break parts up into a few pages. My cpu is nearly maxed out with all the auto scrolling and it's only half loaded.

Thanks.
SchantzMD
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 1 2017, 05:50 PM) *

Need to break parts up into a few pages. My cpu is nearly maxed out with all the auto scrolling and it's only half loaded.

Thanks.

I was able to remove the default autoscroll/load setting on the pics, hopefully that'll help.
theer
Is pick-up mandatory. or will you be able to ship parts (at additional cost, of course)?
theer
nevermind - found the answer (= yes, they will help with shipping) in the T&C's
SchantzMD
The early bird inspection will begin Today (10/14) from noon to 5pm.

Address is 1085 Castellano Rd Riverside CA 92509.

Mike
Chris914n6
Anyone going to this and heading to Vegas afterwards, for like SEMA or NYE, or can hold on to it until the next WCR or going to Rt66?

I'm in the market for a good drivers chrome titless front bumper, and could use an unmolested dash frame. Neither important enough to drive all day to maybe score a good one if you know what I mean.
SchantzMD
We're all set to start at 11am tomorrow. First and maybe only chance for lots of goodies! Gates will be open at 9am for viewing, when you come in please park to the sides of the yard so we can keep an open path in and out of the sale area. When you arrive walk to the back of the shop, everything will be setup in back.

Also be sure to check your google maps, there's been a lot of fires in the Orange County area for the past week so drive times have been kind of hit and miss.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
Mike
TonyA
Interested in the LE front spoiler. If anyone scores this and is thinking of selling PM me Thanks,
TonyA
QUOTE(TonyA @ Oct 20 2017, 10:16 PM) *

Interested in the LE front spoiler. If anyone scores this and is thinking of selling PM me Thanks,

PS also the luggage rack
DennisO
just curious, but does anyone know how much the Creamsicle went for at the auction?
Fatboy007
QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Oct 1 2017, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Highland @ Sep 27 2017, 07:30 AM) *

Still uploading parts & details but most are up now, feel free to take a look.

shades.gif mmmm...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.