Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floor pan progress...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tat2dphreak
thanks beer.gif yes, so far I've done everything bass-ackwards... I got the engine in and running, then started on the brakes, and then the rust, but now I realize that I have to pull the engine out again, for a few things I forgot(didn't know about)... crank free-play, engine tin seals, flapper pieces... you know, little stuff that keeps the engine together!

I never understood the point in the blog until I used it...

yes, this site is great... I look at at it as hanging out with friends, even when I'm at work... the people on this site have taught me more than anyone could ever imagine... there's 1000+ years of experience for a 30 year old car on this site...

aktion035.gif
macpro
Wayne, are you planning on having you car at the http://www.pca.org/914/MUSR7ad.html in Granbury? That my target. But I have a lot more work to put into the car. I am watching your progress on the floor pans. Keep on plugin' away.

tat2dphreak
if all goes well... if I would finish a project or 2 before adding another, it would definately make it... smile.gif I'm signed up either way, I'm hoping the car comes with me... under it's own power...

Quadlinear
Brought back alot of memories for me as well. I didn't encounter so much the tar paper and goo stuff, but the PO sure liked to use fibreglass. Had to grind all of that stuff out and was lucky to only have the front outside wheelwell/floor area slightly rusted. Will be cutting out that metal and forming new then going to town with the MIG. On a positive note the underside of the body was completely wirebrushed after the fibreglassed rockers and (mostly missing) longitudinals were replaced with new parts. Whole underside was then painted in epoxy primer. Work is now progressing topside in the cabin. Gotta kick my son's right hand drive Honda off my two poster to get moving again.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Quadlinear @ Jun 30 2005, 09:37 PM)
Brought back alot of memories for me as well. I didn't encounter so much the tar paper and goo stuff, but the PO sure liked to use fibreglass. Had to grind all of that stuff out and was lucky to only have the front outside wheelwell/floor area slightly rusted. Will be cutting out that metal and forming new then going to town with the MIG. On a positive note the underside of the body was completely wirebrushed after the fibreglassed rockers and (mostly missing) longitudinals were replaced with new parts. Whole underside was then painted in epoxy primer. Work is now progressing topside in the cabin. Gotta kick my son's right hand drive Honda off my two poster to get moving again.

cool... we cut up a car not long ago that seemed to have a layer of fiber over the whole car... screwy.gif gnarly shit man! I haven;t mad emuch progress, but I have a welder now and plan to go at it this weekend...
tat2dphreak
a little progress today... I know it's almost nothing, but at least it's baby steps:

all engine seals are in, the clutch,Press. Plate are back in place, cables and pedal cluster is in, the rust holes in the long have been cut out,

oh, and the dash is painted... hammerite silver!

that's actually been done for a while, but I went over it a couple times to make it as best I could...

user posted image

type.gif
user posted image
screwy.gif
user posted image
smoke.gif
I need to get some sheet metal to fix these 2 parts:
user posted image

user posted image

they are still solid though... which is good...

new pedal cluster from Mr. Shea!! smilie_pokal.gif

user posted image

too bad it looks like a 4 ct diamond in a pile of shit right now... smile.gif great workmanship on the cluster... anyone who doubts if the $$ is worth it for Eric's stuf... let me tell you! IT'S worth MORE!

beer.gif
MoveQik
What are you doing with the dash? Leaving it all metal? covering parts of it? What's the plan? That silver looks very clean.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jul 15 2005, 06:13 PM)
What are you doing with the dash? Leaving it all metal? covering parts of it? What's the plan? That silver looks very clean.

I'll put the standard top and bottom dash on it, the vinyl above the dash was toast, and I always liked the metal-dash look so, I'm giving it a go...
CptTripps
The reflection is going to bug the crap out of you in about 5min on the first sunny day. Ask me how I know...

I'm going to pull my dash this weekend and re-do it all again. The glue I used has tuned to crap and is starting to peel up. Bastards at the paint store LIED to me...can you believe that shit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.