Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Fuel Tank Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankiec@outrageous.net
I may have to replace my fuel filter on my 75 914. Is there any source with a detailed description of removing the tank, especially with pics. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TomClick to view attachment
driftingcloud
This is absolutely no help to your question, but gorgeous car. I'm working on a bumper back-date and side marker removal to my '75 as well.
JeffBowlsby
If your 75 is stock there is an access panel in the trunk bulkhead to access the pump and filter. No need to pull the tank.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 26 2017, 05:16 PM) *

If your 75 is stock there is an access panel in the trunk bulkhead to access the pump and filter. No need to pull the tank.

agree.gif unless your soft lines are old. If they are toast, I would pull the tank. It is not a difficult job, but much easier with two people. Order the Haynes manual. It is a wealth of information. I would also recommend learning to master the search function on this site.

Before you order a new filter, pull the access panel on the bulkhead, and determine which filter you need. There are two versions - one with identical in/out nipples and one with larger/smaller. My '75 takes the large/small.

If you still have the plastic fuel lines in the center tunnel, I would go ahead a replace every line, stem to stern.
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 26 2017, 01:00 PM) *

I may have to replace my fuel filter on my 75 914. Is there any source with a detailed description of removing the tank, especially with pics. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TomClick to view attachment

I just replaced my fuel filter in my 75... it was tucked behind the fuel,pump near access panel behind spare....pain in the tookus to remove, but fuel tank stayed in its place....
I invested in fuel line clamps, to prevent fuel from leaking out of lines, made it easier than vise grips...good luck.
ljubodraz
What all others have said is very correct. Check on the type of existing filter first. I thought Pelican sent the wrong filter for my '75 until I checked. Previous owners can make many changes. It was a real pain to get it all tucked back in. I kinked a fuel line on my first few attempts.

Look between tank bulkhead and spare tire per attached photo. Sorry. First time trying to post a pic from iPhone.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.