Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seelenfan
I know you guys probably get tired of electrical questions.. I have been reading and searching. But can find the answers..

It's a 73. I know the year can make a difference..

I don't have power at my brake pedal switch. The switch works as I tested it with my multimeter. I attached my meter to the lead with 2 wires and poked the fuse panel. (Batt disconnected) it gets continuety on 8 out of 12 fuses.. this is confusing to me. So I checked the other wire that plugs into the switch, same results..

Attached is a pic of a relay stuffed in the dash. This buzzes. Is it supposed to buzz? I thought the buzzer was saposed to be under the pass seat.

All 4 round 5 pin relays on the back of the fuse panel are good. I tested them in a known good plug.

Another issue is that I have power to # 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 with the key on and headlights on. But no power to #1 or 2. Headlights come up, light up but no high beam.. so where does #1 and 2 get it's power from?
jcd914
Brake light switch should get power from fuse S9 via a black and yellow wire.
Fuse S9 get power from the ignition switch via a black wire.

The relay you picture is the flasher relay.

Jim

jcd914
And fuse S1 & S2 are your high beam fuses, it will only have power when headlights are on and high/low relay is switch to high beams.

I'm in the middle of wiring work on my 914 right now.
(Yes Rob, I'm working on my car)

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 30 2017, 01:57 AM) *

And fuse S1 & S2 are your high beam fuses, it will only have power when headlights are on and high/low relay is switch to high beams.

I'm in the middle of wiring work on my 914 right now.
(Yes Rob, I'm working on my car)

Jim

lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
jcd914
My harness had a short and I had melted wires and poor repairs all wrapped heavely in electrical tape.
Now I am trying to fix it.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.