Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another electrical issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
The turn signal indicator lights in the dash are really dim. I changed the bulbs but there is no improvement.

The contacts at the bulb are good. Where else should I look? it's a '73

Thanks.
76-914
icon_bump.gif popcorn[1].gif
Seelenfan
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2017, 06:34 PM) *

icon_bump.gif popcorn[1].gif

Check the ground wires for that circuit. I have seen this happen on other brands cars on headlights. It ended up being a poor ground.
porschetub
What voltage do you have @ the lamp holder ?.
I deleted my dimmer system and went to LED's will never go back,original lamps provide marginal backlighting.
Mikey914
LEDs operate on a fraction of the current. They are somewhat dimable.the while make the gages look much better at night.
I have them if you need them.
Mark
JimN73
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2017, 02:18 PM) *

LEDs operate on a fraction of the current. They are somewhat dimable.the while make the gages look much better at night.
Mark

Thanks, Mark. I changed the gauge lights to your LEDs already. The turn signal lights in the tach are the current problem.

I understand that the flasher interferes with LEDs in this case.

914GT
Are you sure it is the bulb? The colored plastic gels in the gauge darken over the years and need to be replaced.
JimN73
QUOTE(914GT @ Mar 31 2017, 06:09 PM) *

Are you sure it is the bulb? The colored plastic gels in the gauge darken over the years and need to be replaced.

It's the bulb, Guy. So dim.
Mikey914
Bulb or bulb holder? I can send another bulb if there is a problem.
Mark
Spoke
Do both indicators flash at the same time?

Are they brighter with the 4-way flasher on?
porschetub
Oh ok,OP didn't mention LED's.
JimN73
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2017, 02:18 PM) *

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I have some new regular bulbs, put them in and there is an improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.