Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower fan in Engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
branston
The blower in the front of my '74 914 now works! - what makes the one in the engine compartment run?

advise appreciated thx.

GeorgeRud
Pulling up on the red heater control lever on the center console should activate it.
branston
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 1 2017, 09:57 PM) *

Pulling up on the red heater control lever on the center console should activate it.

When I pull the red lever up it just opens the heater box flaps what starts the fan?
PanelBilly
There's an electrical connection on the lever that closes when it's all the way up. Pull yours out and you'll see it.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 2 2017, 09:29 AM) *

There's an electrical connection on the lever that closes when it's all the way up. Pull yours out and you'll see it.

You'll have a hard time pulling the lever out to check the electrical connection if you don't first detach the cables under the car that run to the two heater valves.
914_teener
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 2 2017, 10:27 AM) *

You'll have a hard time pulling the lever out to check the electrical connection if you don't first detach the cables under the car that run to the two heater valves.

confused24.gif

The heater lever with the red know in the console can come out without touching the heater flapper box cables.

The is a spade connector on the heater lever that grounds the relay.
Mark Henry
Yes just pull the cover to confirm that you still have the switch and it's hooked up to a wire. IIRC the switch just grounds out the wire to complete the circuit.
There will also be a fuse I believe (educated guess) on the relay board supplying power to the fan.
Rand
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 2 2017, 09:27 AM) *

Before pulling anything apart, confirm that you are indeed moving the lever all the way to the end of it's throw. The electrical connection happens at the very end.
einic
Same fuse as fuel pump. On relay board in engine compartment. You can lift the lever up to check electric spade connection without loosening heater cables. Just done it repairing clutch tube.
branston
Thanks I can't be pulling it up far enough, i have the same issue in my 912e. Duh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.