Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2017 Trophies Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
We are two months away from WCR 2017 and we need to get some trophies started by the participants!

Last couple years with homemade trophies were fantastic! Lets continue the tradition!

Categories:

Original 4cylinder - tygaboy
Original 6 cylinder - tygaboy
Water cooled Engine conversion (not just size but best overall job) - Cracker
Flared 914 - jrust
Furthest distance traveled - tygaboy
Driving Project - Mueller

Porsche Engine conversion (not just size but best overall job)
Coolest non 914
That Guy/Gal

I dont want to put this all on one person, I made 4 last year and it took a substantial amount of work. So if we can get more people to volunteer that would be great.
Cracker
I'll take-on the "Water Cooled" award; however, there is no guarantee the winner will want it though! rolleyes.gif

Tony
Andyrew
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 2 2017, 11:30 AM) *

I'll take-on the "Water Cooled" award; however, there is no guarantee the winner will want it though! rolleyes.gif

Tony

Awesome! Thanks!!
ConeDodger
Ask Tygaboy... dudes got skills!
Cracker
He does not have too...Chris was on the thread earlier. He just needs to step up!!! poke.gif

Tony

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 2 2017, 06:58 PM) *

Ask Tygaboy... dudes got skills!

tygaboy
Geez, two project cars, a day job, a side job doing metal art and now I get shamed into this! By my "friends"!
Have I said how much I love 914 World?!? laugh.gif

OK, I'll do:

Original 4 cylinder
Original 6 cylinder

Let me get these going and if I have time, I'll take on others.

Heads up, they may not fit in the trunk of a 914. Let me know if that's not OK...

RJMII
driving project or non-914... PM me on FB and we'll talk ideas
RJMII
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 2 2017, 07:43 PM) *

Geez, two project cars, a day job, a side job doing metal art and now I get shamed into this! By my "friends"!
Have I said how much I love 914 World?!? laugh.gif

OK, I'll do:

Original 4 cylinder
Original 6 cylinder

Let me get these going and if I have time, I'll take on others.

Heads up, they may not fit in the trunk of a 914. Let me know if that's not OK...

I just had an idea for making your idea fit in a trunk of a 914. we can do a joint effort project? :-D (since I know what it is! heh heh)
Andyrew
Speaking that most people are driving without a support vehicle I think its a good idea to make the trophy general trophy size. If your going to do something "Larger" then maybe just make it for the raffle prize smile.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 3 2017, 08:21 AM) *

Speaking that most people are driving without a support vehicle I think its a good idea to make the trophy general trophy size. If your going to do something "Larger" then maybe just make it for the raffle prize smile.gif

No worries, I'll scale them down a bit.
Cracker
Being that "water cooled" engines are so damn efficient...my H20 trophy will be too. It will fit nicely in a small area...like a desk top. beerchug.gif poke.gif

T

PS: If I were to say my award would measure up to roughly one-quarter scale (or less!) to Chris's renditions...I don't just mean the size! dry.gif
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 3 2017, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 3 2017, 08:21 AM) *

No worries, I'll scale them down a bit.

Perhaps we could integrate some cool looking back lighting to make up for the smaller scaled version smile.gif
Cracker
C'mon folks...help out here! To the top.

T

tygaboy
OK, so here's the initial design for the "Original 6" trophy. first.gif

I'm thinking I'll stack this on a strip to emulate the steps in the emblem, then stand it off a solid background and frame it in 1x1" square steel tubing.

All done, I'm thinking 3' wide.

Sound OK?

The second pic is a sign I did for a local school that'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about...
Cracker
Chris: You ought to start a build thread for your trophies - shame the rest of us mere mortals. poke.gif

T
tygaboy
Well, I don't know about that...
Anyway, here's a more final-ish version. Still some tweaking to do but again, you get the idea.
Should be pretty cool and, hopefully, something our winner will proudly display.
Andyrew
3' wide? Holy crap!

How about scaling it to something desk sized?
JRust
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 2 2017, 10:19 AM) *

We are two months away from WCR 2017 and we need to get some trophies started by the participants!

Last couple years with homemade trophies were fantastic! Lets continue the tradition!

Categories:

Flared 914
Coolest non 914
Furthest distance traveled
Driving Project

I dont want to put this all on one person, I made 4 last year and it took a substantial amount of work. So if we can get 2 people to volunteer that would be great.

I'll do Flared 914 & furthest distance traveled
jeffdon
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2017, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 2 2017, 10:19 AM) *

Categories:

Flared 914
Coolest non 914
Furthest distance traveled
Driving Project

I dont want to put this all on one person, I made 4 last year and it took a substantial amount of work. So if we can get 2 people to volunteer that would be great.

I'll do Flared 914 & furthest distance traveled

So you can win it? poke.gif
Andyrew
He might get flared, but furthest distance traveled no way...

Stevend914 is driving his 914 from Sait Louis and Cracker Is trailering his RV from Georgia!

Thanks Jamie for stepping up! I take that as a step in the direction that youll be joining us!
Mueller
Sign me up for the Driving Project award...doubt I'll be going to the event, but I can contribute something...
Andyrew
Checking in on trophies!

tygaboy has been posting some amazing progress in the main thread smile.gif

Jamie,
I gave the furthest distance to tygaboy due to some details that came to light that needed his specific tooling. Any chance you could pick up "Coolest non 914" or "That guy/gal"?

JRust
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 8 2017, 08:29 AM) *

Checking in on trophies!

tygaboy has been posting some amazing progress in the main thread smile.gif

Jamie,
I gave the furthest distance to tygaboy due to some details that came to light that needed his specific tooling. Any chance you could pick up "Coolest non 914" or "That guy/gal"?

Sure I'll pick up coolest non 914. I have done jack up to this point though just to warn you. I'll get something done though
euro911
If I were going this year, I'd gladly step up to the plate again. I fabricated about ten trophies for the 2009 WCR - but I don't think I'll be able to attend this one.

It was time-consuming, but it allowed for a lot of thoughtful creativity. Unfortunately, I didn't take pix of the finished products dry.gif ... only some preliminary shots of some of a couple of them headbang.gif

Best Female-owned 914

IPB Image

Best Interior

IPB Image

Here a couple of video clips from the awards ceremony that Tony 'akavw' took ... unfortunately video resolution wasn't exactly that great back then dry.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/kEJ_jJYeI1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/BhfN3bM4uyU

Just wondering if any recipients of those 2009 trophies can send me some pix of them? confused24.gif (just for posterity) wink.gif
Andyrew
Following up on trophy progress!

How are you all doing! Dont spoil it to much with pictures, just a progress update is good!
tygaboy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 17 2017, 08:17 AM) *

Following up on trophy progress!

How are you all doing! Dont spoil it to much with pictures, just a progress update is good!

I've completed:
- Original 914 4
- Original 914-6
- Distance traveled

Consider my "formal" trophy items complete.
(Now to finish the raffle/give-away tchotchkes...!)

Chris
Cracker
No secrets here...the back is now finished - finally! Good parts "have their lives" for this tjingie... happy11.gif

T

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Is that one of those logos from the chineese $5 key fobs? I've got like three of them, Love them!!
Cracker
Not to my knowledge. It was $$$ at our local Porsche dealer. I was trying to find a classy method of concealing the plug (nut + bolt + emblem).

PS: Sorry if you were not talking to me... biggrin.gif

T

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 18 2017, 12:21 PM) *

Is that one of those logos from the chineese $5 key fobs? I've got like three of them, Love them!!

Andyrew
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 18 2017, 09:29 AM) *

Not to my knowledge. It was $$$ at our local Porsche dealer. I was trying to find a classy method of concealing the plug (nut + bolt + emblem).

PS: Sorry if you were not talking to me... biggrin.gif

T

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 18 2017, 12:21 PM) *

Yes I was talking to you!

Looks like Porsche lawyers got them to cease and desist, I cant find them online anymore.. Looks like Sierra Madre has em for $18 though.
JRust
I have in mind what I am doing for mine. Hope to get to them this weekend. The flared one I think will be absolutely sweet. The best Narp (not a real Porsche) I am still wrapping my head around. So jury is still out there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.