Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elusive fog light grill nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
For what seems like forever I have been searching and posting for fog light grill nuts. Several members have been gracious enough to send me some. Some of those worked better that others. I gave up and decided to improvise. Instead of the #8 screw I'm using a M5 "J" nut with an M8 pan head screw with an internal torx drive. I agree that it is overkill but what the hell I'm finally done with my fog light grill install.
Harpo

Click to view attachment
Harpo
Click to view attachment
Harpo
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I just used clip-on speed nuts I picked up at my hardware store...

--DD
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 2 2017, 12:52 PM) *

I just used clip-on speed nuts I picked up at my hardware store...

--DD

agree.gif
ConeDodger
There's this place in Atlanta that will sell them to you. About $1.20 for each screw and clip and $20 shipping. If you're lucky, they'll have all 16 pieces. Otherwise, they'll send you 10 and charge you another $20 when the other 6 pieces come in...

Ask me how I know... blink.gif

Or, you could just do what Dave did. You might as well, because that place in Atlanta? They're just getting them from McMaster-Carr.
cary
Maybe you'll find it in here..

https://www.belmetric.com/metric-speed-nuts-c-3_856/
GeorgeRud
A few u-clip speed nuts and stainless sheet metal screws from my local Ace Hardware worked for me.
stugray
Ahh You didnt mention the FG bumper in the title.

I have a FG bumper and I JB-welded some "weld nuts" to the back of the bumper while it was off.
I had to use the actual covers to get them aligned correctly while the bumper was off the car.
That would be impossible with the bumper on the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.