Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Wiring VDO/Electromotive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thorshammer
I need someone who has had this problem before and can guide me in testing.

I have an HPV1 electromotive ignition system.
Which works fine. No problems.

Also a VDO street eliminator tachometer. They just won't get along.

I have adjusted the tach as VDO suggests there are four switches for six cylinder 1 on 2 off 3 either position 4 off as VDO suggested. I have tried 4 on and off, and it makes no difference. The rpm at idle seems okay, but at 7K the tach drops to nothing, then on decel the tach comes back alive at 7,000 rpm. WTF over, anyone know whats wrong, I will huck this POS tach as far as I can, and buy what ever is a good tach, but if I have the same problem, I will shoot the first EE I see. Hey that rhymed! I'm only kidding, all I could get through was volts for dolts. Help, need solution.

Erik Madsen EP 914-6
TimT
The HPV and VDO tach may not be speaking the same language..

Sometimes a tach adapter is needed to translate the signal from the igintion source, into something the tach can use!
xitspd
Call Slammer at 714-637-1234.... He has wired several Electormotive systems for me and might have your answer. He just finished a crankfire twin plug on my 3.6 with an Autometer tach.
smrz914
The rev limiter goes on the ignition not the tach!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I agree with TimT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.