Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 part for 914rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
I'm pretty sure this part is nla. There are some oil tank seals that are pricey. Will 914rubber come to the rescue please.Thanks
mb911
Mark what part is that?
mepstein
I'm pretty sure it's the rubber grommet that fits on the 914-6 only hook that hangs down from the left side long to hold the oil line.
Mark Henry
Stoddards has it for $6.29, but it looks different from yours.

http://www.stoddard.com/99970206450.html

IPB Image
SixerJ
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 7 2017, 08:57 PM) *

I'm pretty sure this part is nla. There are some oil tank seals that are pricey. Will 914rubber come to the rescue please.Thanks

I'm sure I have a very manky looking one like this on an old oil pipe. Nothing like Stoddards, looks too thick to me

I'd be in

mepstein
Stoddard' might work but it's not oem.
Mark Henry
Is that seal for the hanger or a through the body grommet? confused24.gif
gcrotvik
I'm in for a few. Been looking for that part.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 7 2017, 03:28 PM) *

That's the through body seal, not for the hook although I don't see the seal for the hook in the PET. it might be the same.
Mark Henry
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 7 2017, 06:36 PM) *

Hmmm, I think your right.
McMark
Btw, I have those hook pieces laser cut if anyone wants one.
rgalla9146
The one pictured next to the white box looks right except for the size of the hole...the hole should extend to the inside shoulder.
Dimensions would help.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 7 2017, 05:32 PM) *

PM sent.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 7 2017, 06:36 PM) *

Whoa... déjà vu...must have been a glitch in the matrix.
IronHillRestorations
i'm pretty sure that's a grommet for one of the oil tank tubes, probably the small one at the top for the breather hose
raynekat
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 7 2017, 05:32 PM) *

I want please....
You have a PM.
Mikey914
If I can borrow for a month I'll make these. Looks like a worthwhile part.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Apr 8 2017, 09:25 AM) *

i'm pretty sure that's a grommet for one of the oil tank tubes, probably the small one at the top for the breather hose

The holes through the inner fender don't have grommets, they have foam collars in between the tank and the inner fender.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 9 2017, 11:42 AM) *

The holes through the inner fender don't have grommets, they have foam collars in between the tank and the inner fender.

Mark needs to make them as well. I think the one for the oil console is crazy expensive.
porbmw
I'd be in for two... beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Guys this is a pretty easy one to make. Can anyone get me the fits to dimensions ?
ID of hose and hole? Metal thickness.
Mark
6freak
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 7 2017, 03:28 PM) *

its goes on back fire wall around starter wires
Mikey914
SO, is it the same as the hole fro the starter wires? Or are there 2 different parts?
Becomes really easy and inexpensive when everyone needs these. Yes, I'd do this for the 6 guys, but if we all need it.....well you get my point.
aturboman
999 702 132 50 is a starter cable grommet for 3.2 Carrera 84-86

999 702 088 50 is the grommet for the oil line on 914-6 where it goes through the engine compartment sheet metal

999 702 089 50 is the grommet for the oil line support "hook"

Porsche superceeds the 999 702 088 50 to 999 702 132 50 but its not really correct the original has a much larger center hole to accommodate the oil line OD.
I suspect it can be made to work but you should copy the correct original style part if you're going through the trouble.

999 702 089 50 is NLA last time I checked, then again check your dealer they are re-issuing parts all the time.
Mikey914
Thanks I get the idea now. As with superseded parts one can be made to fit the other. As the later one exists I will make the "correct" early one as soon as I can get a sample. So on the oil line and the hole it passes through if someone can PM me the dimensions I will add to my notes to make sure this fits properly.
Thanks,
mark
Mark Henry
My tank holes I used a template but have a DWD tank and the holes don't line up exactly. If you were to reproduce them it would be nice if the OD lip was oversize so that there's a bit of wiggle room to offset the seal.
Mikey914
I'll look at that. may be worthwhile unless it creates clearance issues with cross referenced parts.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 10 2017, 12:05 PM) *

My tank holes I used a template but have a DWD tank and the holes don't line up exactly. If you were to reproduce them it would be nice if the OD lip was oversize so that there's a bit of wiggle room to offset the seal.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 10 2017, 12:16 PM) *

I'll look at that. may be worthwhile unless it creates clearance issues with cross referenced parts.

Or if the ID was tight the customer could trim the offset in the center hole of the seal.
Mikey914
The original part looks like it is a stretch fit. So it should do just that. If I can get an actual measurement off the hose line I can confirm, but I's suspect it's set up that way already.
6freak
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 9 2017, 08:42 AM) *

correct! none of them.. The two parts in question will not interchange the oil line rubber is much bigger ID and smaller OD yet thicker then the firewall piece..I need that oil hose piece mike, the home made version is just not as clean biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 10 2017, 11:39 AM) *

The original part looks like it is a stretch fit. So it should do just that. If I can get an actual measurement off the hose line I can confirm, but I's suspect it's set up that way already.

the wire grommet on the firewall pops in easy and wires push right through,,the other should be snug on the hook, but not tight on the hose ,the hook just cradles the hose and the hose moves inside the grommit
smile.gif
mepstein
Here's an item to add to the list. Oil filter console seal. $42 list price. I pay less than list but it's still pricey. I could use a couple more. The O ring was $4 and the seal for the oil cap is $8.
Mikey914
Ya know where to send them right?
Yes these are a bit steep for what they are. biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 11 2017, 01:14 PM) *

Here's an item to add to the list. Oil filter console seal. $42 list price. I pay less than list but it's still pricey. I could use a couple more. The O ring was $4 and the seal for the oil cap is $8.

that console seal is a MOFO to install IIRC
smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 12 2017, 02:19 AM) *

Ya know where to send them right?
Yes these are a bit steep for what they are. biggrin.gif

I'll have to buy another set. These are going in my car today.
raynekat
Any word on reproducing these NLA grommets for the 914-6 oil lines?
porschetub
Well couldn't even find them @ the time ,with my tank for a test fit there is a need for seals no question,the tank isn't supposed to be close to the body anyway.
For lack of a solution I made tank seals from closed cell foam worked fine and checked on at not so happy ''reasons for removal" (4 times)....hopefully not out of the car again ??????
As fairly simple parts they need to be made again.....Mark ??

mepstein
I got the foam seals from my Porsche dealer but they were pricey.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 7 2017, 12:47 PM) *

I'm pretty sure it's the rubber grommet that fits on the 914-6 only hook that hangs down from the left side long to hold the oil line.

The set up on my factory 6 with backflow valve

Bob B

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The Wurth grommet assortment has a part almost exactly like this one

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 7 2017, 12:57 PM) *

rgalla9146
All correct parts AFAIK
Wide NORMA 54mm filler neck clamp
Collared filler tube sleeve/seal. Not a plain hose
Foam filler neck seal
Foam breather nipple seal
Rubber oil filter console seal with keeper ring
Missing is a flat rubber washer that goes between body of the car and the threaded
nipple at the bottom of the tank......at the right of the pic.
Also missing is the rubber hook grommit that Bob shows, it would slip over a stock
hose
DennisV
Has anyone successfully procured one of these 999-702-132-50 or 999-702-089-50 in 2023?

Alternatively, can someone provide the ID, OD, and width?
Click to view attachment

Thank you.

P.S. I have already searched and / or contacted every vendor I can think of.
gandalf_025
This is the facrory grommit that goes on the hook
for the 914-6 oil line.
Making this has been discussed before..

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DennisV
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 7 2023, 07:39 AM) *

This is the facrory grommit that goes on the hook
for the 914-6 oil line.
Making this has been discussed before..

Thank you for the photo. Can you share the ID, OD, and width? If that was previously posted, I did not see it.
gandalf_025
I really suck with a ruler..
Not great taking pictures either.
But here goes..

Top inches
Bottom metric..??

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DennisV
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 7 2023, 08:33 AM) *

I really suck with a ruler..
Not great taking pictures either.
But here goes..

Top inches
Bottom metric..??

Thank you for taking time to share those.

I poked around Wurth, but didn't find anything close.

I did find a couple on McMaster that might be serviceable:
I'd be interested to know if anyone has found anything closer.
930cabman
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 11 2023, 02:00 PM) *

All correct parts AFAIK
Wide NORMA 54mm filler neck clamp
Collared filler tube sleeve/seal. Not a plain hose
Foam filler neck seal
Foam breather nipple seal
Rubber oil filter console seal with keeper ring
Missing is a flat rubber washer that goes between body of the car and the threaded
nipple at the bottom of the tank......at the right of the pic.
Also missing is the rubber hook grommit that Bob shows, it would slip over a stock
hose

I for one would like to see this as a "Oil tank install kit" available from one of our trusted vendors. As more and more of us enter the /6 conversion world, it sure would make things easier. Include an oil line kit also
mepstein
Ben/MB911 had quite a few of the parts for sale at great prices.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 7 2023, 12:56 PM) *

Ben/MB911 had quite a few of the parts for sale at great prices.

Thanks I try
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.