Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: holes for the fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michelko
Hi everybody,
anybody knows why my car has two holes for the fuellines under the tank? All pictures i saw till now are showing only one.
michelko
better shot.

smilie_flagge6.gif
davep
Supply and return lines. Same reason the pump has three connections. There is a fuel system diagram around somewhere.
mihai914
What he is saying is that his has a seperate hole for each line compared to many cars that have one big oval one for the grommet holding both lines. I don't know why it would be like that, what is the manufacturing date on the car?

Mihai
JFJ914
QUOTE (michelko @ May 7 2005, 04:36 PM)
Hi everybody,
anybody knows why my car has two holes for the fuellines under the tank? All pictures i saw till now are showing only one.

Those are not the fuel line holes. They are located on the drivers side. Look for a BIG rectangular rubber grommet with 2 holes. It leads into the tunnel.
mihai914
QUOTE (John Jentz @ May 7 2005, 05:12 PM)
Hi everybody,

Those are not the fuel line holes. They are located on the drivers side. Look for a BIG rectangular rubber grommet with 2 holes. It leads into the tunnel.

Can't be, there is not enough space with the pedal cluster, master and all that to have fuel lines also. Also all stock car gas tanks have the lines on the passenger side. Something else.
davep
From the VIN and chassis #, the chassis build date is late April 1970. I have little experience with early cars since VW Canada did not import 914's until 72 model year. I did have a 71 however. Perhaps this is the way they built them early on.
JFJ914
QUOTE (mihai914 @ May 7 2005, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (John Jentz @ May 7 2005, 05:12 PM)
Hi everybody,

Can't be, there is not enough space with the pedal cluster, master and all that to have fuel lines also. Also all stock car gas tanks have the lines on the passenger side. Something else.

Sorry wub.gif , you're correct, those two small holes must have preceeded the big rubber grommet. To answer the original question, two holes for supply and return.
michelko
QUOTE (davep @ May 7 2005, 03:17 PM)
From the VIN and chassis #, the chassis build date is late April 1970. I have little experience with early cars since VW Canada did not import 914's until 72 model year. I did have a 71 however. Perhaps this is the way they built them early on.

I thouht for that. But where to get the gright grommets. Pet lists only the one with two holes huh.gif
Same by other sellers. Any Idea?

smilie_flagge6.gif
mihai914
QUOTE (michelko @ May 8 2005, 02:07 AM)
[/QUOTE]
I thouht for that. But where to get the gright grommets. Pet lists only the one with two holes huh.gif
Same by other sellers. Any Idea?

smilie_flagge6.gif

Maybe the grommets for the fuel lines at the firewall will fit in your case, after all they are for the fuel lines and are seperate. If not maybe a early 911 application?

Mihai
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.