Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tp_reading
I have been ferreting around the back of my dash and come across this. It looks like some kind of switch, but obviously not complete. Anyone help please ?Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Looks aftermarket. The electrical tape, the in-line fuse, the semi-insulated crimp-on connector (yellow insulator on the right) are all give-aways for that.

Could be just about anything. From powering an electric windshield washer pump, to a quickie anti-theft switch, to... Well, anything someone could use their imaginations for!

I really don't like that it appears to be bare metal with current flowing through it. That seems like a great way to pop fuses, or if you're really unlucky, start fires.

Trace the wires--where do they go?

--DD
Mueller
Toggle or rocker switch that is missing a bunch of parts.

tp_reading
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2017, 06:19 PM) *

Toggle or rocker switch that is missing a bunch of parts.

Yes I figured it was a broken rocker switch. Odd that it was hidden behind the fuel gauge, impossible to get to without pulling out the gauge, I guess I will have to trace the wires, but it's a real mystery.
914Sixer
Home made kill switch.
tp_reading

I have discovered some crappie workmanship on my car, but this bit of wiring is the worst !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.