Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 1971 2.0 FI $14.5K!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ChristopherB
Fresh service, new tires, great looker and great runner.
ChristopherB
Bump
ChristopherB
This link is for a photo album from the previous owner. These pictures are at least 10 years old I believe. The car looks basically the same as it does now. I am posting this as I have had a lot of people ask about the fitment of the top with the cage.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63213008@N04/?saved=1
ChristopherB
Hood up. Everything is in place here. Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
Picture shows rear firewall and bracket for seat harness. Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
The flickr album in the link above has a very good picture of the right side long with the car on jacks.
ChristopherB
Please don't pay too much attention to the videos in the Flickr album, as the engine was swapped along with the silencer last year at Tangerine Racing. For a video of the car running with the current engine, exhaust, tune, etc, please see the video link on the first page of this thread or the two videos on the CFR Tangerine Racing Facebook page.
ChristopherB
I have reduced my asking price to $14.5K! I have been getting a lot of inqueries but only a few offers.
ChristopherB
video fail! I will try to get better video of the car on the road. This car needs nothing to hit the road and have fun. No rust issues and it starts right up regardless of the outside temperatures. Complete going over in 2016.
ChristopherB
I took my son out for a ride today and we made some videos. There may be sections that have fingers or tree tops in the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wv4yeqlXAo...eature=youtu.be
ChristopherB
We made a few so I will get them up soon. Perfect morning for a ride here in Maryland today.
ChristopherB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XenItwz9TWE&t=46s
ChristopherB
The last video really shows the car taking some nice turns at a local reservoir. I don't really know why the video starts mid way but be sure to back it up to the start so you don't miss any turns! Sorry about the fingers!
ChristopherB
The new tires are Yokohama S Drives in 205/55/15.
ChristopherB
Still available.
matthepcat
Chris,

Have you considered posting on Pelican? (Since no luck here).

You could also consider Bring A Trailer
nditiz1
This car is the real deal. Worked on by Tangerine racing. Clean, fully sorted, buy it and drive. I would have, but didn't have enough Benjamin's. Chris took me for a ride in it and it rode on rails.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 9 2017, 01:30 PM) *

Chris,

Have you considered posting on Pelican? (Since no luck here).

You could also consider Bring A Trailer

I did post the car locally on Craigslist. I got some interest but I had to field a bunch of calls from third party brokers. That was annoying. I really was hoping to find someone on the forum that would be delighted to have this car. I think at $14.5, it is a smart buy with a lot of extras. I did not consider Pelican but will look into it. I love the car, and don't "need" to sell it asap. I will wait for the right buyer. I have had a ton of interest, but just not a "good" offer.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 10 2017, 08:26 AM) *

This car is the real deal. Worked on by Tangerine racing. Clean, fully sorted, buy it and drive. I would have, but didn't have enough Benjamin's. Chris took me for a ride in it and it rode on rails.

Thanks Nick. I love the new profile picture!
ChristopherB
Bump. Car is still available. It still drives and runs great.
ChristopherB
Bump. The weather has been nice and the car is running great.
matthepcat
Free Bump. I am curious with the front spoiler, does that scoop up air into a front mount oil cooler, or just look cool? smile.gif
Mblizzard
I have way more than the asking price in my car and it is no where close to being as nice as this one. Would almost trade!
rmcconnell
Hi
Sorry to appear dumb but what engine is in the car.
Thanks
Rob
dax1969
QUOTE(rmcconnell @ Sep 29 2017, 04:59 AM) *

Hi
Thanks
Rob

as mentioned in the ad

1971 2.0 engine with FI
stock engine installed spring 2016 by Tangerine Racing

cheers
Dax
Fatboy007
Wait...this car hasn't sold yet? WTF.gif Honey...I need another car aktion035.gif
rmcconnell
Hi
PM'd you
Cheers
Rob
ChristopherB
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 28 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Free Bump. I am curious with the front spoiler, does that scoop up air into a front mount oil cooler, or just look cool? smile.gif

No front mount oil cooler so the front spoiler is strictly appearanece and aerodynamics. I love the look though I got some resistance from my wife initially.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(rmcconnell @ Sep 28 2017, 10:59 PM) *

Hi
Thanks
Rob

The engine is an original 2.0 that I had installed by Tangerine Racing in spring 2016. The 2.0 rebuilt engine that was in the car when I purchased the car failed. The failure was diagnosed by Tangerine and the decision was made to replace the engine with a stock 2.0 they had on hand. Combined with the Fuel Injection system, the car starts, idles and runs wonderfully. Regardless of weather temperatures, or conditions, the car barks to life and is ready for service.

I have been loving the car more than ever in September! The afternoon sun on the finish is insane and the cool temps mean she is so happy. I won't budge on the price as the latest bump did generate some offers. Seeing some of the more recent listings makes me really scratch my head in a Homer Simpson sort of way!

ChristopherB
QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Sep 29 2017, 10:53 AM) *

Wait...this car hasn't sold yet? WTF.gif Honey...I need another car aktion035.gif

LOL! Yes, yes you do!
RacingDreamz
I'd be very tempted to sell my TR6 to buy this.
ChristopherB
[quote name='RacingDreamz' date='Oct 2 2017, 02:32 AM' post='2533441']
I'd be very tempted to sell my TR6 to buy this.

I am really surprised that I still have the car, but maybe this will work in your favor!
ChristopherB
Bump
felix337
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Oct 18 2017, 06:07 PM) *

Bump

Very nice. Love it.
JOEPROPER
I'm still wondering what the hold up is on this car. Nice car.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Oct 20 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Me too! The car drives and looks great. I am happy to go for test rides!
Slowroller
HI ChristopherB.
Is your car still for sale?
Fatboy007
QUOTE(felix337 @ Oct 20 2017, 12:15 AM) *

Bump

Very nice. Love it.

agree.gif
ChristopherB
QUOTE(Slowroller @ Oct 23 2017, 10:00 PM) *

HI ChristopherB.
Is your car still for sale?

It is and the weather is perfect!
ChristopherB
QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Oct 23 2017, 10:08 PM) *

Bump

Very nice. Love it.

agree.gif

Thanks! Me too!. I had to replace the light bulb in my garage and I used an outdoor spot light bulb. WOW! The car looks beautiful with the spotlight on it!
felix337
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Oct 24 2017, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Oct 23 2017, 10:08 PM) *

Bump

Very nice. Love it.

agree.gif

Thanks! Me too!. I had to replace the light bulb in my garage and I used an outdoor spot light bulb. WOW! The car looks beautiful with the spotlight on it!

Any pictures? I would love to see and talk to you soon.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Oct 22 2017, 08:44 PM) *

If I were closer, I'd test drive it just for the fun of it. Car looks great! I'm sure it won't last much longer. Good Luck! smoke.gif
eman 928

Hi Chris, sent you a PM. Thanks, Eric
eman 928
QUOTE(eman 928 @ Oct 25 2017, 12:59 PM) *

Is the car still available? Would it be easy to remove the roll cage?
ChristopherB
QUOTE(eman 928 @ Nov 9 2017, 05:16 PM) *

Is the car still available? Would it be easy to remove the roll cage

I still have the car. The cage is a bolt in unit from Stable Energies. It really doesn't interfere with driving at all.
ChristopherB
Bump
Stingbee
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Nov 10 2017, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(eman 928 @ Nov 9 2017, 05:16 PM) *

Is the car still available? Would it be easy to remove the roll cage

Hi, what size tires are you running on your 914? Look nice and wide, with no fender
modification? huh.gif

I still have the car. The cage is a bolt in unit from Stable Energies. It really doesn't interfere with driving at all.

ChristopherB
bump. Started right up today. This weather in Maryland is just amazing.
ninefourteener
I just read this entire thread..... WOW..... what a great car, at a great price.

Just a couple quick questions if you don't mind:

1) Are the bumpers fiberglass or metal? Have they been repaired at all with bondo? One of the first things I'd like to do is ship them off to be re-chromed (just a personal preference)

2) Have you repaired/installed any of the parts mentioned in this thread since the beginning? (Shifter bushing, rear sway bar, etc)

3) You're in Virginia... right?

ChristopherB
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Dec 13 2017, 05:56 PM) *

I just read this entire thread..... WOW..... what a great car, at a great price.

Just a couple quick questions if you don't mind:

1) Are the bumpers fiberglass or metal? Have they been repaired at all with bondo? One of the first things I'd like to do is ship them off to be re-chromed (just a personal preference)

2) Have you repaired/installed any of the parts mentioned in this thread since the beginning? (Shifter bushing, rear sway bar, etc)

3) You're in Virginia... right?

The black bumpers are metal and have not been repaired to my knowledge.

I have installed some parts personally. However, (thankfully), the car was completely gone over by Tangerine Racing about 1.5/years ago. Since then, I have replaced the shift linkage bushing and the battery ground strap. I also replaced the turn signal relay with a new relay. That new relay buzzed so I pulled it. I have a different replacement relay that I have not installed.

I live just north of Baltimore.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.