Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacing injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
87m491
Working my way from the gas tank to the engine replacing every soft fuel delivery component. Just got my injectors back from Mr Injector and looking to reinstall.
Needless to say on removal the tip seals were toast, I'm surprised the car ran as well as it did. the injector almost fell out with no effort. (74 2.0)

Went to reinstall yesterday with new tip seal installed on the injector and I couldn't get them to seat try as I might. After taking a mirror and looking. I saw the cavity for the tip seal is not very deep. I finally hit on seating the seal alone and inserting the injector through it.

The left side injectors "seated" with a firm seal and very little play afterward. On the right side the seals barely were able to remain unaided in the seat cavity before I inserted the injectors. They did seat in as positively as on the other side. Certainly nothing like what you get with O ringed CIS injectors. Is there any trick or is this just the way they are? With the retainers on, both sides seem exactly the same and very locked in.
thx
mike
IPB Image
dangrouche
small "o" ring on the tip and a thicker cylindrical one on the the bracket. that's about it. almost seems like its just laid on, but this is the way it is. not tightened down like brake lines need to be.
r_towle
its the way it is....and it works.
You are trying to make sure there is no vacuum leak...that is key.

rich
87m491
Reassurances appreciated. Hope to refire it up soon. Will also double check vac lines.

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 1 2017, 04:47 PM) *

its the way it is....and it works.
You are trying to make sure there is no vacuum leak...that is key.

rich

mihai914
You can also remove the intake runners and install the injectors outside of the car. Just be careful with the wavy washers not to loose them in the intake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.