Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> replacing injectors
87m491
post May 1 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

Working my way from the gas tank to the engine replacing every soft fuel delivery component. Just got my injectors back from Mr Injector and looking to reinstall.
Needless to say on removal the tip seals were toast, I'm surprised the car ran as well as it did. the injector almost fell out with no effort. (74 2.0)

Went to reinstall yesterday with new tip seal installed on the injector and I couldn't get them to seat try as I might. After taking a mirror and looking. I saw the cavity for the tip seal is not very deep. I finally hit on seating the seal alone and inserting the injector through it.

The left side injectors "seated" with a firm seal and very little play afterward. On the right side the seals barely were able to remain unaided in the seat cavity before I inserted the injectors. They did seat in as positively as on the other side. Certainly nothing like what you get with O ringed CIS injectors. Is there any trick or is this just the way they are? With the retainers on, both sides seem exactly the same and very locked in.
thx
mike
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i723.photobucket.com-14731-1493677908.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:46 AM