Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under body air deflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dtjaden
My car is missing the under body air deflectors at the front of the engine compartment. I haven't been able to find a source other than AA that wants $30 each for their reproduction. Does anyone have a source for these? I didn't see them at 914Rubber.

The other option would be to make replacements from aluminum sheet if someone has the dimensions.
Larmo63
Make them with hard rubber and aluminum L metal?
Krieger
Put a WTB add in the classifieds.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Dtjaden @ May 1 2017, 10:37 PM) *

My car is missing the under body air deflectors at the front of the engine compartment. I haven't been able to find a source other than AA that wants $30 each for their reproduction. Does anyone have a source for these? I didn't see them at 914Rubber.

The other option would be to make replacements from aluminum sheet if someone has the dimensions.

bye1.gif PM sent.
VaccaRabite
You don't want to make them from Aluminum. These things scrape off the ground from time to time, so you want something that will spring back into shape after being deformed in a ground strike.

Zach
mepstein
Buy them from Garold.
RickS
I made mine from some spare copper sheeting. Even though the car is lowered, I have not had any ground strikes. You could make them out of tin, or what have you.
Mikey914
I can make these from ABS is someone can drop me some samples (they get theirs back + new ones). I have been contemplating these for some time. the problem was with the catalyzed plastic it was too brittle. If we go to hard tooling my cost is greater, but we have a better selection of material.
Factor made this the way they did for a reason. There are some unique design features on these that make them durable and have a seam that is designed to tear before doing damage to the welded seam.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.